Thousands of fans demand this DVD (eBay sales thru the roof!)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lee Davies, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Agent

Jul 14, 2004
    To "The Powers That Be": We are a bunch of fans of "The Magician", the 1973 action-adventure series starring Bill Bixby, and we want to buy it legitimately on DVD.

Besides the votes at TV Shows on DVD website, you can go to eBay and see that this series is regularly sold (at astronomic prices more often than not)on both DVD and VHS. By clicking on the sellers'names you can see a list of how many times they've sold "The Magician" and how many buyers there are. Now if that doesn't prove the market to Paramount and show you how much money you keep on losing, and stand to make with its release, I don't know what will!

As a matter of fact, in order for the studio to recoup lost income from these bootlegs, please note that fans are also requesting that a bonus soundtrack CD(theme & score of Patrick Williams composition) be released in conjunction with the DVD. Perhaps a more expensive, limited edition could include the soundtrack and theme?? Just a suggestion, as I am firmly convinced that if you do this, you'll find yourself with demand exceeding supply.

Feedback would be appreciated on when executives (Mr. Blythe of Paramount perhaps?) are planning on releasing this series. Or why it won't be released and what would it take to prove to you that you stand to make money from this DVD??

Thank you,

PS: Please note that this series is 30 years old. Most of us are no longer in our 20's or 30's. As forty, fifty plus
    "respectable citizens" most fans (unlike myself) don't spend our time online and/or are not computer literate. So many of the fans won't even know that we can vote at Gord Lacey's site or even bother to do so. This means that our voice/vote goes unheard. {Hence, this bit of awareness}However all of us go shopping regularly, and will pick up this DVD when it's on the shelves.

PPS:My thanks to Linda Thompson for telling me [at the TV shows forum]that this forum is read by studio execs.
  2. Tom Mantan D.

Sep 10, 2003
    Great post, I agree, The Magician was a great show and you are correct that it sells quite well on ebay. I hope Paramount listens more than Fox does. I have been making a similar point regarding Charlie Chan/Mr. Moto series of films at fox. Hopefully the studios will start paying attention to this kind of thing. I would love to see the Magician in something better than 2nd gen quality.