What's new

THE LIST - 3 Full season (Or More) shows MIA on DVD in Season Sets (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
1950s: Adventures in Paradise, Cheyenne, Gale Storm Show,
M Squad, Donna Reed Show, Ann Sothern Show, Sea Hunt, Dragnet, Real McCoys, Tales of Wells Fargo, Highway Patrol, December Bride, The Untouchables, Dobie Gillis, Zane Grey Theatre, Our Miss Brooks, Maverick, Laramie, Bat Masterson, People's Choice, Dennis the Menace, Ozzie and Harriet, Bachelor Father, Love That Bob, Jack Benny Program, The Millionaire, 77 Sunset Strip, Burns and Allen, Hennesey, The Lineup (aka San Francisco Beat), Hawaiian Eye, Lawman, Father Knows Best, Wagon Train, THe Detectives, I Led 3 Lives, Sheriff of Cochise/US Marshall, State Trooper, Bonanza, Death Valley Days, Beulah, Rin Tin Tin, Fury, Kit Carson, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry Show, Wild Bill Hickok, Gunsmoke, Private Secretary.

1960s: My Three Sons, Ben Casey, Hazel, Route 66, The Defenders, The FBI, I Dream of Jeannie, The Fugitive, The Flying Nun, Mission: Impossible, The Bold Ones, Marcus Welby MD, Hawaii Five-O, The Virginian, McHale's Navy, Dr. Kildare, The Nurses/The Doctors and the Nurses, The Patty Duke Show, The Big Valley, The Lucy Show, Daktari, Ironside, Mod Squad, Mayberry RFD, Room 222, Name of the Game, Farmer's Daughter, Peyton Place, Man From UNCLE, Gomer Pyle USMC, Flipper, Get Smart, Run for Your Life, High Chaparral, Mannix, Julia, Love American Style, Medical Center.

1970s: Cannon, Owen Marshall Counselor at Law, The Odd Couple, The New Dick Van Dyke Show, Welcome Back Kotter, Paper Chase, Trapper John MD, Facts of Life, The Rookies, Maude, Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Alice, CHIPS, WKRP in Cincinnati, Police Story, Six Million Dollar Man, Chico and the Man, Police Woman, Grizzly Adams, Lou Grant, Benson, Rhoda, Switch, Family, One Day at a Time, Love Boat, Eight is Enough, Vegas.

1980s: Simon and Simon, The Fall Guy, Matt Houston, Cagney and Lacey, Newhart, St. Elsewhere, Family Ties, Falcon Crest, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Sivler Spoons, Riptide, Webster, Kate and Allie, The Equalizer, Spencer for Hire, Mr. Belvedere, Valerie/Hogan Family, Matlock, Head of the Class, Perfect Strangers, Amen, Jake and the Fatman, Beauty and the Beast, Midnight Caller, In the Heat of the Night, The Wonder Years, China Beach, Empty Nest, Life Goes On, Major Dad, Baywatch, Coach, L.A. Law, Family Matters, Evening Shade, Anything But Love.

1990s: Dear John, Beverly Hills 90210, Wings, Blossom, Sisters, JAG, Suddenly Susan, Early Edition, Melrose Place, Nurses, Martin, Dave's World, ROC, Cosby, Clueless, Grace Under Fire, Step By Step, Love and War, Chicago Hope, Picket Fences, Drew Carey Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Cybill, Unhappily Ever After, The Parent 'Hood, Caroline in the City, Sister Sister, Diagnosis: Murder, Nash Bridges.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Perfect Strangers, Family Matters, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, New York Undercover, Freakylinks , Saturday Night Live and just off the top of my head .

Shows that lastest under 3 seasons, but still deserve a shot:

413 Hope Street
The State
Johnny Zero
Night Visions

I know some are for younger audiences, but still - some had as many as nine seasons!

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Since this a thread about 3+ season shows (apparently not including animated shows), I'll limit my comments to those and not other shows. There are quite a few I'd like to see out of these, a nice sampling from the last five decades of TV entertainment:

1950s: Dennis the Menace, Ozzie and Harriet, Burns and Allen, Father Knows Best

1960s: I Dream of Jeannie, The Flying Nun, McHale's Navy, The Lucy Show, Mayberry RFD, Gomer Pyle USMC, Flipper, Get Smart, Batman

1970s: The Odd Couple, The New Dick Van Dyke Show, Welcome Back Kotter, Facts of Life, CHIPS

1980s: Family Ties, Matlock, Perfect Strangers, In the Heat of the Night, Baywatch, Family Matters

1990s: Blossom, JAG, Cosby, Clueless, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Diagnosis: Murder

So, yes, while there are lots of great shows out or coming out, there are still plenty more I'd love to own! :D

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Add to the '80s: It's Garry Shandling's Show

All of my other personal biggies (which meet the criteria of the thread) have been listed, I believe...

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy every season of the following shows:

77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Cheyenne, Adventures in Paradise, Sea Hunt, Bat Masterson, Burke's Law, Roy Rogers, Annie Oakley, Sky King, Mannix, Spenser for Hire.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
From the 1950s, you left out the two most popular "I Love Lucy"-ripoffs, "My Little Margie" and "I Married Joan."

It's not entirely right to include "Hazel," since they did come out with the first season last summer (although it's unlikely there will be more to come, but I'm always a pessimist on this subject.)

Also, you've omitted all the anthology, variety and game shows, like "Studio One," "Playhouse 90," "The Ed Sullivan Show," "What's My Line?" etc., many of which ran for many years. But I guess the chance of anyone releasing season sets of kinescopes is zero.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Bob, Sky King has had an official release, but not by any major studio or even an independent releasing company like Image or Rhino, among others. Instead, it has had a very limited release and will set you back $249 plus shipping for 72 episodes. Here it is:

http://www.skyking.com/ordering.html

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
strike force,harper valley pta,angie,its a living,house calls,a man called sloane
the devlin connection,dan august,it takes a thief,kaz,i'm a big girl now,
nero wolfe .are some programs that were on less than three years that i'd
like to see come out on dvd

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Following the thread's 3+ season rule, I'm waiting for the opportunity to buy legit, authorized, quality R1 DVD season sets of:

1950s--

DRAGNET (the B&W seasons)
MAVERICK
M SQUAD
THE UNTOUCHABLES

1960s--

THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
BATMAN
THE FUGITIVE
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (probably only the 1st season)
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (the 1st season is imminent, thankfully, and I'd go for seasons 2 & 3, as well)
ROUTE 66

1970s--

WKRP IN CINCINNATI

--Wow, that was easier than I thought. If the studios (and the other parties involved) would play ball, it would be fairly simple for me to own all the major TV material I'm interested in, apart from some 2-season-and-under series (and finishing up a few series that have been abandoned, or are in progress).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
So far, we can take:

Hazel
I Dream of Jeannie
The Flying Nun
The Big Valley
Get Smart
Facts of Life
Family
Family Ties
Beauty & The Beast
Life Goes On
Baywatch
Beverly Hills, 90210
Wings
Melrose Place
Picket Fences
Diagnosis: Murder

...off the list. Not bad for a year, eh? And these are only the shows I know for a fact are available, or are coming soon. And I guess the $6,000,000 Man is coming, I dunno. And I think Cagney & Lacey are rumored to be on the way. So we'll see what 2007 brings.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
some of the shows we listed have seen or are about to get released including The Donna Reed Show, Father Knows Best, Gunsmoke, My Three Sons, Route 66, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Fugitive, Flying Nun, Hawaii Five-O McHale's Navy, The Big Valley, Ironside, Mod Squad, Gomer Pyle USMC, Flipper, Get Smart, Mannix, Love American Style, Cannon, The Odd Couple, Facts Of Life, The Rookies, Welcome Back Kotter, Maude, Streets Of San Fransisco, CHIPS, WKRP in Cincinnati, Police Woman, Benson, One Day At A Time, Love Boat, Simon and Simon, The Fall Guy, Cagney and Lacey, Newhart, St. Elsewhere, Family Ties, Silver Spoons, Riptide, Kate and Allie, The Equalizer, Matlock, Perfect Strangers, Jake and the Fatman, Beauty and the Beast, Life Goes On, Baywatch, Evening Shade, Anything But Love, Beverly Hills 90210, Wings, Early Edition, Melrose Place, Martin, Dave's World, Grace Under Fire, Picket Fences, Drew Carey Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Cybill, Caroline in the City, Sister Sister, Diagnosis: Murder, Nash Bridges, Cheyenne, Third Watch, Burke's Law, Nero Wolfe, The Untouchables, Mission Impossible etc

Although alot of these shows are currently stalled, or one and done as many seem to be. But there are still loads that haven't been released

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
unhappily ever after,the steve harvey show,drew carey show,the hogan family,the fall guy,silver spoons,the rookies,love american style,life goes on,dave's world,family,savannah,young americans,vip,kirk,pacific palisades,california dreams,parker lewis can't lose,mr.belvedere,just the ten of us,salute your shorts,welcome freshman,who's the boss.etc.most of them have been stalled or one season wonder as so many seems may get a tsod release,most of them haven't been released.but soon might get a tsod release this year.it would be great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks