What's new

The King of Comedy with Scorsese commentary on May 14th! (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I thought I'd bump this to ask if anyone has heard any updates about this title....?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Nope, but I would sure like to know myself!

Trying to be patient about this, but I really want this one bad!

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Way underrated picture; a brilliant portrayal of the empty celebrity cult haunting popular culture. And Jerry Lewis is nothing less than superb.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is the latest from http://www.davisdvd.com/News/daily_news.htm
Many readers have been asking me about when certain Martin Scorsese-directed films will be coming to DVD... here's what I know: 1983's The King of Comedy was originally scheduled to be released this past May by Fox. The disc is finished and is now awaiting release pending Scorsese's recording of a commentary track. There's no new release date, but when it does come out look for the disc to feature a new 1:85:1 anamorphic transfer, DD2.0 audio, a commentary track, new documentary, still gallery and trailers. Warner Brothers has Mean Streets and Goodfellas special editions ready to go with new commentaries, featurettes and other extras. Those too were mentioned for release this year, but unless something is announced soon look for both of 'em in 2003. Over at MGM, the studio has a Raging Bull: Special Edition in the wings. Already released in other regions as a 2-disc "20th Anniversary" set, Bull is slated to contain a 1.85:1 anamorphic transfer, DD 2.0 audio, "The Bronx Bull" making-of featurette (26 min), a collection of jokes told by the real LaMotta during filming of the featurette, still gallery, original fight footage, and trailers. Hopefully, the US version will add a commentary (Criterion's 1990 laserdisc set has a fantastic Scorsese commentary that probably will never be heard by DVD buyers).
------------------------------------------------------------
this is great news Patrick thanks for the update.
;)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks for the news! The King of Comedy is one of my favorite Scorsese films - glad to hear he's recording a commentary. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks