What's new

THE JOB on DVD (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up - the audio on the Leary/Tolan interview is horrible. Sometimes the audio comes from every speaker, then it's fixed, and then it's messed again. I've noticed this problem in a number of extras on various sets, and I don't understand what the problem is. You finish the piece, listen to it, and if it's messed up then you FIX IT!

Gord

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I was just informed by Best Buy that the release date has been pushed back 3 weeks to June 14th. Perhaps this is to correct the audio issues? If so, I'm all for it!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was told of the release date being pushed back to June at Best Buy as well but I found a copy today at Circuit City and picked it up. I wonder if I should wait to open it?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Something tells me this isn't delayed, but Best Buy has the date wrong (again). They also reported an incorrect release date for Miracles, another Shout! Factory release.

Gord

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I've seen the same thing happen at Circuit City. They'll tell me a title has been delayed and I'll find it across the street at Best Buy. I think I'll just open it. I haven't seen The Job in ages and I really want to check it out again.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
The BEst Buy I work at had the same problem... June 14th ... but the WalMart in North Brunswick, NJ had many many copies, so I picked it up :)

Also, it looks like the first season is 4:3 and the rest are 16:9, at least according to the printing on the disc themselves.I only got through the first disc last night.

It's nice to see shows aired and shot for HD are being put on DVD in the OAR.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Has anyone who ordered from Deep Discount have their copies Shipped? Mine still shows open, but I find it's common practice from them not to always have shipping details updated.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered this from Deep Discount DVD Monday. As my order status still showed as "open" this morning, I called them, and was told it would ship today, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Man... disc 1 in my set has a big blemish of some sort on it. I think it's a plastic on plastic scuff mark. It doesn't come of with gentle wiping so I guess it's back to Circuit City to exchange it. I hope they have another one tomorrow.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so was this released?

i have only seen this at walmart so far.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Watched my first Disk of "The Job" tonight, boy did this show hit the ground running. If I made a list of Shows cancelled before their time I think the Job would top it. I like "Rescue Me" good show, the Job could've been a Great show. Even so this 19 episode set needs to be in your collection.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'd never seen The Job, but love Rescue Me and Leary's stand-up, so I bought it blind. I've only had time to watch the first episode, but I can't remember the last time I laugh as loud and as often at a comedy pilot. It really does hit the ground running, effortlessly establishing the characters, the setting and the tone. I immediately went back and watched it again with the commentary track and laughed all over again at some of the same jokes. Can't wait to see the rest of it. I vote that FX brings back The Job. :D They could use the same crew and most of the same cast from Rescue Me to shoot 26 episodes of two shows a year instead of 13 of one. Hell, they could just redress the firehouse set and changed the uniform patches and be ready to go. ;)

Maybe if we all buy enough DVDs...

Regards,

Joe

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
* * * I vote that FX brings back The Job. . . Maybe if we all buy enough DVDs...* * *

Ah, the "Family Guy" effect. I would love to see The Job come back due to DVD sales.

And Joe, if you love the early episodes, just wait until "Barbeque"

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah the Eps Get funnier i love the Robert Deniro ep... It's sad when a show like this can fail and they keep on pumping out awful reality shows. Rescue Me was really an attempt to bring a similar show but add move Drama to the Mix. I guess if the Job was successful we'd never have the latter, and fortunately alot of the Cast followed Leary to Rescue Me. Lenny Clarke is so good here

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I miss Bill Nunn ("Pip"). As much as I enjoy Rescue Me, it never makes me laugh out loud like The Job did.

M.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

C'mon, not even the "measurement" episode? ;) I don't laugh as often at Rescue Me (for obvious reasons, given the primarily dramatic nature of the show) but when it is funny I do laugh out loud.

Regards,

Joe

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
So what's the deal? I haven't seen the DVD in ANY store in this area. I tried Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City yesterday and found nothing. I really don't wanna order online, but this is starting to piss me off. I went to Best Buy on the 24th looking for it and they said June 14th, like someone else mentioned. Can I actually expect them to have the goddamn thing on that day!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks