What's new

The He-Man Thread [*really* merged] (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Overall, I really enjoyed the premiere, felt just like a kid again. It was great to finally to see the origins of He-man. Like Wayne though, I didn't like the anime-style fighting. The jumping fifty feet into the air before every punch and kick and the streaking backgrounds were really annoying.
Also, He-Man.org has a great in-depth review up on this first episode.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sad to say, I only have one person agree with me on this: is is just my imagination or did animators of the old
series have some strange obession with "butt" shots of Teela?
Yes, I believe you are correct. Maybe it was the animator's preception that Teela, had one of those onion shaped backside. Anyway, It appears they kept some of the weired characters attitude. But I thought the action scenes were really good. The Begining is definely a keeper if it comes out on DVD. Good job.

Shaun

Second Unit
Does anyone remember the other He-Man series that came out a decade or so ago? This new show beats the pants off that one. I think the only recognizable characters on that show were He-Man and Skeletor. This new show brings back all of our old favorites. A few nitpicks though. I think He-Man should have a real dark tan just like the old show. Some of the voices could use some work. And whats with the new Sword of Power. I guess it fits with the rest of the weapons on the show, but not very distinguishable. I liked it all in all. Could use some tweaking though.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I have nothing against Japanese animation and i love the He-man fight scenes, But enough is enough already. Stop with the slow motion jumping, and slow battles. Do faced pace action

capt

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I guess no one sides with me :frowning:
There's got to be some anime lovers watching the new He-Man!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just hope this series doesn't turn into an American DBZ.

I like a lot of action in battle and fight scenes, but there's not that much interesting action. You know that He-man is going to kick ass, so they might as well show what the main plot is and then cut right to He-man looking badass and all. Also, if they just had straight fighting without the dramatic still shots of their faces and stuff like that, the battles would be half as long.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I dug it too. Although I didn't dig the Anime fights (sorry Cameron :) ). I think the show is great! I can definatly get over the anime stuff since usually what I hate about anime is the stupid dubbing. He-Man had good voice acting overall.
I cant wait for the rest of the episodes!
-Marshall

Rob T

Screenwriter
JMS commented on the show at rastb5m
No, I'm not involved with the new show. I watched the first ep out of
curiosity, and it felt like a high school reunion of people you never thought
you'd see again.
Funnily enough, while at comiccon, I went by the booth advertising the new
He-Man series and mentioned to one of the folks there that I used to write for
the show.
Not having any idea who I was, he looked at me with something akin to pity in
his eyes, as if this was the one big thing I'd ever done and I had come by to
relive that moment of accomplishment...and he asks if I did anything after
that, and I said Babylon 5...he didn't have a clue what it was and said, "So,
did that work out okay for you?"
If he hadn't been sitting in a chair I would'e hit him with it.
jms

:laugh:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Did any of you folks miss the old BG music from the original show? No joke, me and my friend were watching this, humming tunes from the old show throughout the entire cartoon. :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Re: Old Background music.
Most definetly. I'd really have liked to have them do an updated version of the old music. The new stuff isn't bad on it's own, but I don't remember a SINGLE tune from it. Twenty years later, I can still hum the originals music like it was 1983 :)..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
hehe... that Intro still is corny, but it's MEMORABLE! And you can't help but hum along :)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks