What's new

The He-Man Thread [*really* merged] (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Now that the commercials have started airing, time for the discussion :)..
I am an orignial He-Fan from 20 years ago. I had every toy, and even though I don't remember the latter, probably every video that was ever made on the series.
When the new toys came out, there where some I liked right off the bat, Skeletor, for instance. Others I didn't care much for, He-Man, mainly. But, over time, I've defiently gotten used to 'em, and even prefer a few over the originals.
But now that I'm watching the previews for the new show, I'm having reservations as to wether I can jump the gap between the old and new. I guess it'll be easier for this generation of kids to accept it more than my generation will be able to.
Guess I just have to try and forget the old stuff, and stop comparing it to the new ..
Anyone else in the same situtation?

John Chow

Second Unit
I think 8/17, but not completely sure. I caught the commerical for the first time tonight. Must say, I am a bit curious...not sure how well it will work, but i'll try to catch it. I was a pretty big he-man fan as a kid, had many of the toys, although there were way too many for me to have all of them. I think my mom ended up giving them away (with my consent) quite a while back.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen any commercials for this yet. What channel can I catch the new He-Man on? Or is it in syndication?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Is it a whole new show or just a movie? The commercial I saw (if I remember correctly) was for a movie rather than a new show.

I'm not sure if I like the animation style. I liked He-Man back in the day and my first vibe on seeing the new look was not really positive. Ofcourse, I'm looking at tiny snippets so I really have to see more of it to make up my mind.

I do hope they don't invent a whole cast of new characters but stick with the originals. I want to see Beastman, Evil Lynn, and Lockjaw damnit!

And who can forget Man-At-Arms? (You can't - it's a rhetorical question)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
8/16 is the airdate. The first movie is going to be released on DVD in widescreen and Dolby Digital, so you'll have your chance to get it if you miss it :).
Also, the new series starts a week after the movie, IIRC, and 24 eps have already been produced.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
The new 1 1/2 hour He-man movie will premiere on Cartoon Network on 8/16 (Friday) at 4 pm edt. There will be an encore presentation on 8/17 at 7 pm edt. Then, on 8/30 the regular series begins and one episode will be aired multiple times a week (the first showing being at 6pm eastern on Fridays). However, the first three weeks will be just a repeat of the first three episodes that comprise the movie, so no new episodes will be aired until Friday, September 20th.
(There won't be an episode on 8/23 since the new Transformers: Armada show will be premiering in its time slot)
Also it was revealed at this year's Comic-Con that both the new and original series will be released on DVD sometime in the future (no specifics). The new series, as Neil pointed out, will be released in 16x9 and DD 5.1.
For some awesome clips of the new show, check out He-man.org. Commercial 3 will get you hyped for the movie! There's also a 6 minute clip of scenes from the series that were shown in San Diego. Very anime-looking at times, but also very pleasing to the eyes!
From cartoonnetwork.com:
The new series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe makes its Cartoon Network debut with a 90-minute premiere movie. Discover the never-before-told story of how Prince Adam of Eternia became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. Then, beginning August 30, catch new episodes of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Fridays at 6 p.m. (e/p) during Toonami.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I just watched the 3 commercials over at He-Man.org.
The first 2 are teasers and the third one is awesome. Go watch it NOW.
"I have the POWER!" :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Also it was revealed at this year's Comic-Con that both the new and original series will be released on DVD sometime in the future (no specifics). The new series, as Neil pointed out, will be released in 16x9 and DD 5.1.
YAAAAAAY! :D

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
This is not the original boys and girls, this looks to be new epipsodes, new animation. Anyway, scheduled for this Saturday at 7:00 pm. Get your Tivo's and S-VHS's ready, I might record these.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
:b Yes, I'm looking forward to this. Masters of the Universe was my 2nd favorite cartoon growing up. (See below, for my 1st.) I've seen the previews, it looks pretty decent. It could be fun.

Have you seen the new action figures? They're pretty damn cool. Much better looking than the old ones.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Crap, today's the showing, well I wonder if Cartoon Network will call it widescreen presentation on Saturday.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I liked todays "Origins" movie. The funny thing is we were having a lightning storm during the movie. At the time Adam Said "By the Power of Grey Skull" when the lightning was on the show a lightning bolt hit across the street and there was a very loud bang that shook our house. and he said "I HAVE THE POWER". I just burst into laughter.

While watching it the old show came back to me. I havent seen a original episode in a long dvd. When they come out on DVD i will definately be picking them up. Between new He-man , new Transformers, new TMNT , stargate infinity and a batch of other favorite old shows i feel like im 5 again waiting to get out of school.

Capt

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>I liked todays "Origins" movie. The funny thing is we were having a lightning storm during the movie. At the time Adam Said "By the Power of Grey Skull" when the lightning was on the show a lightning bolt hit across the street and there was a very loud bang that shook our house. and he said "I HAVE THE POWER". I just burst into laughter. >
I would have been scared shitless and turned the TV off, but the timing is just laughable :)..

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Not too bad. The only disappointing thing was that I saw a preview on the internet with clips earlier today that was widescreen. What they showed today was not.

The widescreen that I saw in the preview was not matted because there are plenty of shots I remember from the preview that were definitely cropped when the movie was aired.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Just wanted to point out, as I noticed in another He-Man thread, that the preview that I saw on the internet was in widescreen, but the movie was shown cropped on Cartoon Network. And yes, I am sure it was cropped. There were some shots that I can easily remember where significant picture on the sides was missing when compared to the previews.

But that was really the only thing I found disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread