What's new

The Good Doctor: Season One (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The kid who resembled his brother had a personality that was far too wise and sage for his years. The bond was touching between them, but his giving Shaun advice on his love life and career was pretty ridiculous.
This seems like it's becoming a problem with some dramas. Mike Frezon was saying the same thing in the "This is Us" thread about the kid characters on that show.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
I've been 1/2 watching [what I call laundry-folding observation], but the 'genius idea' exchange regarding the 3-D titanium femur was the kind of dialog I like to see in ostensibly 'cutting edge' medical dramas. Nice writing renewing my faith in creator Shore.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've dropped this series as medical dramas have become boring to me.
I dropped "Greys Anatomy" several years ago, been going on way to long, but I'm enjoying this so far, kind of quirky but not bad. Looking forward to when "Chicago Med" returns. Sometimes they run to long, but new ones kick in and they're decent.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Well, ignore my previous comment. Now #2 on my cancel list this season. Just to strange so I'm done. Find the kid way to annoying. Chicago Med is back, much more enjoyable.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As with so many shows nowadays, the producers set up a set of fall finale cliffhangers that just feel so phony and contrived, and I'm SO tired of this cliché.

The show continues to find ways to keep me interested, but I don't need them to constantly end things on a cliffhanger.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I've dropped this series as medical dramas have become boring to me.

(On a tangent).

When I was younger, I was able to watch through medical drama type shows such as the earlier seasons of St Elsewhere.

As I got older, I found medical shows harder to watch for some reason. For example, I found it somewhat difficult to watch 90s era medical type shows like Diagnosis Murder, ER, etc ... Though I was fine with watching shows that featured some medical type stuff which wasn't a main emphasis of the show, such as the original Law & Order (and later CSI).

By the time it was the 2000s, the few medical drama type shows I was able to watch were shows like Greys Anatomy and House MD. Though for these two shows, what kept my attention was largely unrelated to the medical type stuff. In the case of House MD, it was watching the sarcasm and cynicism of Gregory House's curmudgeon antics. For Greys Anatomy, what kept my attention was the character development and other quasi-soap opera aspects.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Try watching the original Korean television series on which it is based. It's far superior. The USA series is still great but I still prefer the Korean series.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I stuck through this American version for its entire first season, but I liked it less and less as the season went on. The producers were determined to involve us too much in the personal lives of the characters, and I really just couldn't have cared less about that. And now with Shaun's girl friend returning as a series regular next season, I'm out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks