What's new

The Genographic Project (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
[c]The Genographic Project[/c]

Has anyone here participated in this yet?
Heard about it on NPR yesterday and looked up the site.
For about a hundred bucks they will test your DNA (total anonymity) and trace your genetic background.
Using your code # you can come back to the site as they gain more data base and your profile will have been updated.
I'm pretty interested in doing it, but I'm not getting any real sense of what the info will look like.
The anonymity is nice, but once you've admitted that Warren G. Harding is an uncle...I kinda gave that up a long time ago. :b

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
It sounds interesting but it seems like the $100 DNA kits are being used more as fundraisers rather than as real contributions to the research. It's the 100,000 indigenous people that they plan to test that form the real core of the research. Mutts like me don't provide much, if any, useful data as a man living in the U.S. with roots in Europe, Africa, and North America does nothing to help them focus their research. Still, it might be fun to look at your personal DNA info just for kicks.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...this is tempting too as my family has always stated we are "full blood Chinese."

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
True there is a core group, but the more peole that get the test done, the more detailed the reports they can get, including your DNA history..

Just wish they could get the tests a tad cheaper..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks