What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Exorcist III (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brad E

Second Unit

I would highly recommend watching E3 again. I'm sure you will be surprised at how good it is.
I don't think E2 is as bad as most people but I don't blame you for not wanting to see it again.
I enjoyed The Beginning in the theater, but it's an average film at best.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
No, I can't even laugh with E2. It's just so painful, sad, and befuddling.

THE BEGINNING was not a great film, but it was better than E2 and better than all the advanced negative hype would suggest.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I remember reading around June, I think, that Morgan Creek was going to rummage around in its archives and try to find the materials for a director's cut of Exorcist III.

I take it there's been no new news on that since...

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this title after finding it in the $5.99 bin at a local Walmart. I remembered cutting school to see this film in the theaters when it came out. I went to see it with my girlfriend at the time. There are a lot of films made at that time that we snuck off to see together that I don't exactly remember seeing :b . This was one of them! I found it to be a very solid movie - very different in tone from E1 and IMHO not as good. I look forward to seeing the next installment and will buy it blindly (possibly two versions) when it is released on DVD. Strangely, I will do this to COMPLETE the series although I have no intention of buying the second movie.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I actually kept the E2 DVD so that I could have a "complete collection", which I guess is one downside to being a DVD collector. ;)

Brad E

Second Unit
The other bad thing about the E2 dvd is the audio. It's a DD 1 track. So it shuts off all speakers except for the center and the sub. First time I've ever encountered this.

I had to go into the dvd player menu and turn off DD so I could watch it in PLII. I figured some surround would be better than none.

AlexCremers

Second Unit
The thing about "scary movies" that scares me the most is the 'fear for the unknown'. And because of this, I find that all great scary movies are no longer (really) scary the second time around. I'm still fond of them as movies, but the "big thrill" is gone. Of course, if I haven't seen a certain scary movie in a long time, and I have no absolutely no recollection of it, then maybe it can be scary all over again. But the problem is that, from the moment scary movies are truly great, they tend to be etched in my brain. They become a part of me. I remember them so vividly that I always know what lies behind the next corner.

------------
Alex Cremers

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
For me, THE EXORCIST is more a movie about a building sense of dread rather than scares, and that's why it still works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks