What's new

The Evil Dead (2006) (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Probably steppin' in it big time here.
But, no amount of searching on my part turned up this info at HTF. Apparently this news was fresh.....almost exactly a year ago.
No cast or director seems to be set.
So, to review....lets just go over these titles:
The Evil Dead (1981)
Evil Dead II (1987)
The Evil Dead (2006)
Bet that last one could easily become (2007).

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure how finalized this idea of Raimi and Campbell producing a new Evil Dead is. I've heard various rumours about it, including that there would be no "Ash" character because Campbell doesn't want to act in it, and that he and Raimi would be looking for a talented new director to put a fresh spin on the concept. I personally think they should just leave this franchise alone. No sequels, no remakes.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
This was discussed in one of the horror discussion threads. Either the regular one (that I started) or the Upcoming Horror one (that Scott started).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I think they list this on Bruce Campbells bio (as producer) on the "Man With The Screaming Brain" DVD. I haven't heard a thing about it though.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I read an interview with Campbell a few weeks ago where he said it was basically dead and wasn't going ahead.

Sorry I don't have the link.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Haven't heard anything about this in a while, but here are some older links to what was being bounced around last year and earlier this year:

http://www.horror.com/php/article-635-1.html

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=10&cs=1

http://www.horror.com/php/article-690-1.html

Where things stand now, who knows? I haven't read the thread{s} Matt mentioned, so there's probably more up-to-date info there.

Personally, I agree with Ocean. Without both Raimi and Campbell in their respective traditional positions, and unless it had a damn good premise (and execution) to justify it, I say just leave it alone.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Honestly, I don't think anyone's discussed it since last year at this time. There's been virtually no new news for 10+ months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks