What's new

The everlasting Sports Night quotes thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
That's right. I'm getting into the business of eternal quote threads. Sports Night is arguably one of the best written shows of the past 10 years or ever for that matter and this thread's purpose is to honor that. While not exactly eternal (There were only 45 episodes), let's start up this baby with:

"Natalie's my second in command. She's the only one I told.

Jeremy's my boyfriend. He's the only one I told.

I told many, many people"

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
One of the most moving moments ever written/filmed for the small screen:

Dan: I have a younger brother named Sam. Sam's a genius. I mean, literally. As a kid, he tested off the charts. The first computer I had, he built from a kit he bought with money he earned tutoring other kids in math. He's energetic and articulate, curious and funny, a great source of pride to our parents. And there's not doubt that he's be living a great life right now - except for that he's dead. 'Cause when you're 14 years old, all you ever really want to be when you grow up is your 16-year old brother. And in my case that meant smoking a lot of dope. The day I went off to college was the day that Sam got his driver's license. And he celebrated by taking a drive with some of his friends. Drunk, and high as a paper kite. He never saw the red light that he ran. And he probably never saw the 18-wheel truck that put him in the side of a brick bank, either.

[very long pause]

That was 11 years ago tonight. And I just wanted to say - I'm sorry, Sam. You deserved better in my hands. And I apologize.

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
Natalie: On my entire roster of boyfriends, and it is, I might add, quite the lengthy list, you are my least favorite.

Jeremy: Hey, I'm just happy to be on the team.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
OK, here's one of my faves. The episode is "Ordnance Tactics". Jeremy has been trying to break up with Natalie, a task at which he has been spectacularly unsuccessful. We're in the control room, 30 seconds live:
: "Eyes front, mister!"

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
A few that I use from time to time in everyday conversation and no-one ever knows where they come from...

--
DAN: "At this point, the length of this conversation is way out of proportion with my interest in it."

--
SAM: "You shouldn't think that just because I'm looking at you while you're talking to me, that I'm necessarily listening to or caring about what you're saying. It's just something I do to be polite. "

--
CASEY: "if any talking animals ask you to buy some tacos or beer--for God's sake, do what they tell you"

Sad to say I watched nearly every episode when it originaly aired and have watched the DVD set beginning to end 5 times since I purchased it about a year ago. Hands down my favorite TV show ever and I would trade all of my current shows (Friends, Scrubs, West Wing, Ed, and 24) to have it back up and running.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Hands down my favorite TV show ever and I would trade all of my current shows (Friends, Scrubs, West Wing, Ed, and 24) to have it back up and running.
Amen! I swear those 6 wonderful discs are just some the best entertainment money will ever be able to buy. Oh and:

Casey: Can we be men here for just a second?

Dan: Okay but just a second

And of course Mr. Sorkin's slap in the face to ABC

Anybody who can't make money off of Sports Night should get out of the monkey money making business. (Thank you Craig :b)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I thought this was such an excellent line -- simply stated, but with
jaw-dropping implications.

Just reading the great quotes above, I can hear the exact line readings of the actors and their memorable characters.

Never watched this during its regular run, but the DVD set was a great blind buy.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Sam: Just ask around. I have absolutely no conscience about these things.

I think I have accepted the fact that Sports Night is the greatest television show ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks