What's new

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Man, I'd love to see HER pregnant. She's beautiful, and has a beautiful body, but she's so thin...

Even though she looks like it's a natural thin, I can't imagine her looking pregnant.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
...followed by Gunn screaming that he just knew killing the world's foremost expert in paranormal obstetrics two years ago would come back to haunt them, just not twice.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
If that's the case then I'm glad they cancelled Angel. 3 pregnancy storylines in 4 seasons would've been a disaster.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Or they could have written her character off for a while. Considering the timing of the cancellation, my guess is that she got pregnant roughly around April. That was long after we all knew the series was done for. Sure there was a VERY slight chance that the show would be renewed... but I'm guessing Amy didn't expect it to happen.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I just watched the first DVD of season three in anticipation of the release of season four next month.

God, it's depressing seeing the gang so happy knowing that in three years they'll all be dead. (Except for Angel, I guess. But Cordie, Fred, Wes, and Gunn are all gone.)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Definitely depressing. I've been rewatching both Buffy and Angel this summer. Just watching Cordelia is depressing enough. Aspiring actress moves to L.A. in hopes of a big break and winds up in a comma and dies. :frowning: We've been watching her for eight years! Xander gets his eye gouged out. Then all the heartbreak and suffering Wesley goes through. And then Fred. It's too much. :frowning:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Definitely depressing. I've been rewatching both Buffy and Angel this summer. Just watching Cordelia is depressing enough. Aspiring actress moves to L.A. in hopes of a big break and winds up in a comma and dies.
I was watching Buffy's Becoming parts one and two the other night and was thinking the same thing when Cordie was on. Very sad. I think Joss got a bit carried away.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Carpenter Rules Out Angel

Former Angel star Charisma Carpenter told TV Guide Online that she's not interested in reprising the role of Cordelia Chase in any proposed Angel TV movies or feature films. "You know, I'm not interested," she told the site. "Not because of [star] David [Boreanaz] or anyone I worked with. I think we're all just done. I don't think my fans should be offended, because they're not Angel- or Buffy-specific. They've proven over time that they'll follow me no matter what I do, so I'm not afraid of taking anything away from them, and I hope they wouldn't feel that way." Boreanaz has also said he's not interested in doing a TV movie, but might consider a feature film.

Carpenter will guest-star this fall as a clairvoyant in at least two episodes of The WB's witch series Charmed. (Her first appearance airs Sept. 26, TV Guide reported.) As with Cordelia, Carpenter agains plays "another psychic!" she said. "At least I'm not in a coma on this show. They're both sassy girls, but this character is more of a temptress than a smartass. She's toying with Leo [Brian Krause]."

As for whether her character, simply called "Seer," appears in more episodes, Carpenter said: "I'm happy to do more. It would depend on whether my pilot is picked up. I'm thrilled to be here, because I have a relationship with Holly Marie Combs [Piper]. We did my ABC Family movie See Jane Date together, and we're both new moms. It's also interesting to be back doing this supernatural genre. I know it, and it's familiar."

Carpenter's pilot is for a midseason replacement for UPN. "It was called Play Nice, but now it's called Like Cats and Dogs," she said. "I'm the girl on the show, and it's about my life with my fun-loving brother [played by Canadian actor Tyler Labine]. I'm an uptight lawyer, and he comes to live with me and my houseful of dogs."

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Definitely depressing. I've been rewatching both Buffy and Angel this summer. Just watching Cordelia is depressing enough. Aspiring actress moves to L.A. in hopes of a big break and winds up in a comma and dies.
Could've been worse. She could've ended up like that chick that moved to L.A. in the Angel pilot. Come to think of it, she almost did until Angel intervened. :)

Joshua_W

Second Unit
According to Dark Horizons, David Boreanaz has been cast as the lead in the upcoming sequel, Jurasic Park IV.
Have you heard the plot to that movie?

It has disaster written all over it. If you can believe it, I think it has the potential to actually be worse than "Batman and Robin."

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Yeah! I read the script synopsis on AICN's, which was posted by Moriarty. Rumour has it, that Spielberg is pretty excited about it. And to think it was written by John Sayles. I hope that someone comes to their senses and stop the madness.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
On the bright side, if David stars in JP4, we might be getting Angel TV movies sooner than we thought. JP4 has career killer written all over it.

If anyone is curious, Jurassic Park 4 will apparently involve a commando-type guy (to be played by DB, I guess) who leads a group of five dinosaurs -- enhanced with human DNA to increase their intelligence and dog DNA to make them obedient to humans -- on missions to rescue children and take out drug dealers. Oh, and it looks like the Dinos will also be wearing high-tech body armor.

Which could qualify it for THE WORST SEQUEL EVER MADE, and quite possibly THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE. I do not make these assumptions lightly, if you read the spoiler you will know this to be true.

I swear... the mind just boggles.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
OMG! THat would a horrible concept by any stretch, but putting it in an A-list franchise (or at least high-profile, big-budget b-franchise) like Jurassic Park makes it all the worse.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I downloaded the leaked season six first episode yesterday, and without any spoilers, I gotta say that it was awesome. It picks up right where the last season's finale leaves off: at the battle in the alleyway in the rain. Does everyone left survive? You'll find out tonight. It was an amazing episode, and really sets up the sixth season. Or at least, that's what I should have been able to post.

Martin.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Oops. I was hoping that when I wrote:

Or at least, that's what I should have been able to post.
you would all detect the incredible amounts of implied sarcastic hatred for the execs which cancelled the show. After all, it's just about now that we should have had the first episode reviews being posted.

;)

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks