What's new

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read this on tvguide.com today.
Sounds like they may a bit sorry they got rid of such a good show but dont want to admit it.

Question:
I just read that WB chief Garth Ancier insinuated that had 20th Century Fox and the network had just waited until May to make a decision about Angel's renewal, the show may still be on the air. Of the myriad of questions that come to mind (such as, why on earth would Garth say such a thing unless his motive was to crush every Angel fan out there), my main question is why did they force themselves to make a decision so early? And even if they had their reasons for making an early decision, why didn't the network, when they began to doubt their decision to cancel, vindicate the many fans who were unyielding in their efforts to save Angel? The fans never gave up hope, Joss Whedon wrote a "series finale" that could easily have been a season finale, and yet, they made him strike the sets and lose David Boreanaz so there can be little hope for any Angel movies. Have I mentioned that I hate the WB? — Sarah

Matt:
This too-little-too-late hindsight felt awfully self-serving to me. It seems clear the network was determined to cancel the show, early deadline or not, and giving Joss a chance to plan an appropriate finale was better than delivering the blow in May. But you're absolutely right that when WB realized that its development for this season was so disappointing (failing, for instance, to get the Dark Shadows remake pilot right), that they could have made an effort to reverse the decision on Angel. Regardless of the result, it would have been seen as a good-faith effort to right a wrong.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Man this sucks :angry:

http://www.cityofangel.com/behindThe...ws.php~content

Angel CD Soundtrack Update
8/6/2004

CoA Exclusive! UPDATE

This just in from Robert Kral:

Another good omen for Angel music fans in regards to the upcoming CD of the series' musical scores, "Angel album looks like a go: nearing final stages of completion."
- Rob

But along with the good news, Rob also had some slightly bad news to add to it, and that was that the CD will not be released in the USA, but will be everywhere else in the viable marketing world. No explanation from Fox/EMI was given as to this decision or when the actual release date is scheduled. So, all you Colonials out there, make friends with your Northern Lights neighbors so you won't be left out of the excitement when the first Angel music CD finally hits the streets!

Fans please note that Fox announced to Rob they did not want a 'songs' album and he had to specially request the two that are included. With a current total of 24-tracks containing over 76-minutes of music many fan favorites made it onto the list including: Hero for Doyle, the Darla suites, L.A. sung by Christian Kane and a track by Andy Hallett as well as the Darling Violetta Theme (although not an extended version).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Am I allll alone here???

"Buffy" creator Joss Whedon was at Chicago's Wizard World convention this past weekend to promote "Serenity" and Mediasharx was there to find out more about the "Firefly" movie spin-off and the future of the "Buffy"/"Angel" franchise.

Whedon told fans that the possibility of "Angel" TV movies still exists, though whether they would be done at the WB or another network is still in question. He is adamant though that the series finale was not a cliff-hanger:"A cliff-hanger is about 'What happened to everybody?' This isn't about what happened to everybody. This show is about a very simple thing: You never ever get to stop fighting if you want to be a decent human being. And often, like the character of Wesley, it's a battle that I have lost".

So, what does Joss see as one of the high points of his BUFFY career?

"I don't think I'm ever going to top Angelus. That hit exactly the heart of what it's like to sleep with a man. Or what I've read it's like. Sweetie, baby, I went to a British boarding school," he offers by way of explanation. "Buffy's second death would probably be my second choice. But Angelus was the first time we ever got to say to people 'Nothing is safe.' And it's fun to say it every time, but the first time is always the best."

About the animated show:

"There is a lot of exploitation disguised as empowerment, and that's sort of why I left comics for a while it was just too much. Even two or three years after the show had started, I'd been developing the idea of the animated show, [and the suits said] 'Well yeah, we'd love to do Buffy as an animated show for kids. That would be great. But we have to have a male counterpart—a male person who is as strong and as cool as her who anchors the show. Because boys aren't going to watch her.'

"Raise your hand if you're a boy," he asks the audience, and smiles as every guy in attendance—easily over half the crowd—raises his hand.

To red the whole interview...

http://www.mediasharx.com/index.php/columns/3046

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
An "Angel" Joins CHARMED

Charisma Carpenter's coming back to work more mojo on the WB.

The former BUFFY and ANGEL co-star will appear as The Evil Seer on the network's witch series, CHARMED.

Carpenter will make at least two guest starring appearances on the series. Her role as a Seer (someone who sees into the future) will be in two episodes: "Cheaper by the Coven," on Sept. 26, and "Styx Feet Under," to air in October

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Oh good god, as if Alyssa and Rose were not reason enough to suffer though the occasional episode of Charmed... They land Charisma on the show as well.

I at least will have one up on Angel then. An hour of that show can feel like centuries in hell :)

I for one would welcome an animated BtVS, or Angel, som long as they do not loose the edge, and are simply treated as Saturday Morning kids fair.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That was great with the "boys won't watch her" bit.

Boys don't always like to see guys beating the crap out of things...

Wasn't the primary audience for that Lara Croft game series teenage males?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
There IS going to be a extended version of the Angel theme, according to a band member from Darling Violetta. They also said that the Angel soundtrack will be availble to americans on Itunes.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Came across this on Comics Continium

Amy Acker, best known as Fred on The WB's Angel, is providing a guest-voice for an upcoming episode of Justice League Unlimited, The Continuum has learned.

Acker is voicing The Huntress in an episode called "Double Date" that will air next season on Cartoon Network.

Acker, 28, joined the cast of Angel in 1999. She also appeared last year in the CBS movie Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt.

The episode also features Green Arrow, Black Canary and The Question. Kin Shriner is returning as Green Arrow, and Jeffrey Combs is doing the voice of The Questions.

There will be other guest voices for the episode that will be announced at a later date.

The Huntress made a brief apperance in "Initiation," the season opener of Justice League Unlimited, as one of the dozens of heroes in the Watchtower.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
In other news, Amy Acker announced she's five and a half months pregnant over the weekend. Congratulations to her. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks