"The Education of Max Bickford" cancelled

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter McM, May 16, 2002.

1. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I am deeply saddened, but wouldn't have been surprised, if not for the introduction of Peter O'Toole in the season finale.

I always figured this show was just too intelligent and insightful for network TV.

2. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    That is disappointing news. Between Richard Dreyfuss, Marcia Gay Harden, Eli Wallach and Peter O'Toole, last week's episode had more acting clout than a full season of most shows.

I'm gonna miss this one.

Rob

3. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

I am so pissed about this show and "Family Law" being cancelled, I could scream! These were two of the most intelligent and well acted shows on CBS.

Perhaps they will show up on UPN (like "Wolf Lake") now that Viacom owns both CBS and UPN.

4. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Remember when "I'll Fly Away" was dropped by NBC all those years ago? PBS picked it up.

Public Television has always had a knack for displaying intelligent drama and comedy--usually of a British origin. Perhaps they should do the same with more American programs, like "Max Bickford".

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    Remember when "I'll Fly Away" was dropped by NBC all those years ago? PBS picked it up.

PBS only produced a final episode and showed the reruns - they did not keep the series going, unfortunately.