What's new

"The Education of Max Bickford" cancelled (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I am deeply saddened, but wouldn't have been surprised, if not for the introduction of Peter O'Toole in the season finale.

I always figured this show was just too intelligent and insightful for network TV.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
That is disappointing news. Between Richard Dreyfuss, Marcia Gay Harden, Eli Wallach and Peter O'Toole, last week's episode had more acting clout than a full season of most shows.

I'm gonna miss this one.

Rob

VicRuiz

Second Unit
I am so pissed about this show and "Family Law" being cancelled, I could scream! These were two of the most intelligent and well acted shows on CBS.

Perhaps they will show up on UPN (like "Wolf Lake") now that Viacom owns both CBS and UPN.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Remember when "I'll Fly Away" was dropped by NBC all those years ago? PBS picked it up.

Public Television has always had a knack for displaying intelligent drama and comedy--usually of a British origin. Perhaps they should do the same with more American programs, like "Max Bickford".

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Remember when "I'll Fly Away" was dropped by NBC all those years ago? PBS picked it up.

PBS only produced a final episode and showed the reruns - they did not keep the series going, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks