What's new

The Driver? (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
There's a German R2 anamorphic disc of this, but it's reportedly atrocious quality and not in the correct aspect ratio (cropped to 16:9).
Is it Fox who still owns this title? Please, I beg of you, this has a tremendous cult following. It's one of Walter Hill's very finest and it's just damn fun!
You did a bang-up job on Say Anything, so please turn your attentions to this.
And I couldn't help but notice this from the IMDB about an extended version and a removed prologue:
At Los Angeles's American Cinematheque, a 131 minute version of "The Driver" was shown. While it does add insights to some characters in the story, this longer version features many more car chases
A version of The Driver seen on TV years ago included a pre-credit prologue, in which Bruce Dern's and Matt Clark's characters meet for the first time. The CBS/Fox home video versionbegins abruptly with the opening credits, omitting this prologue
Anyone else interested in this film?

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I'd buy one. Hell, I'll buy two if thats what it takes to get it released.

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, this needs to be released pronto. If anyone has ever played The Driver videogame, it was highly influenced by this film, especially the part in the parking garage.

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, this needs to be released pronto. If anyone has ever played The Driver videogame, it was highly influenced by this film, especially the part in the parking garage.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Walter Hill's excellent noir happens to be playing on Fox Movies in a cropped print right now. Let's see Fox get it right on DVD--with Mr. Hill's participation.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks