What's new

THE DONNA REED SHOW: SEASON 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I want to wish everyone viewing this page, A Very Merry Christmas & A Super Fabulous and Tremendously Happy New Year!!!

Attachments

• Merry Christmas.jpg
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 177

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I thought of you, Greg, when I saw this on FB this morning, so I figured I'd share:
A little-known fact about Bob Crane is that he volunteered much of his free time to various charities. At WICC in Bridgeport, CT, he served as program advisor for the Bridgeport Junior Achievement, and later, at KNX in Hollywood, Bob participated in Auxiliary Lunches and Kiwanis Club meetings, and he hosted numerous telethons, including for United Cerebral Palsy, the Arthritis Foundation, and others. He visited military bases and entertained our troops, and he gave many hours of his time to the U.S. Armed Forces Radio Network. Bob also held the title of Honorary Mayor of Tarzana, CA; was a member of the Tarzana Chamber of Commerce; and was the Tarzana Senior Ambassador of Good Will. In this picture, he is with his dear friend Eliot Dober (left), who suffered from cerebral palsy and was the Connecticut State Director for United Cerebral Palsy. Bob knew Eliot from his days at WLIZ/WICC, and he returned to his home state of Connecticut each year to host the local portion of the CP telethon, accepting only nominal travel expenses from Eliot, who insisted he accept the money. Bob turned down $20,000 to host the national portion of the telethon so he could help out his friend. Also pictured with Bob and Eliot is Paul Petersen (right) of The Donna Reed Show. Eliot Dober passed away on July 30, 2010, at 74 years of age. Before his passing, he remembered Bob this way (for his biography): "I will be honest with you, he got along with everybody very well. And everybody liked Bob. I want people to remember the good things about Bob. He gave of himself, and he was a good person. A positive person. He wasn’t a bad guy. Bob was just Bob. And nobody is all good or all bad."

10299086_953604511342048_479553513082150307_n.jpg

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Thank you, Ron, for sharing this information with me about Bob Crane! It's true, Bob was not all bad and it appears he had much compassion for other individuals.

He was excellent in his role as the wisecracking neighbor on "The Donna Reed Show." I sure do hope that Sony Pictures can see their way clear into releasing the remaining seasons of Donna's Television Program, otherwise all the work that went into making these final seasons of her show will be lost forever!

Thanks again Ron !! :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Has anyone heard anything at all about MPI's plans to release seasons 6, 7, and 8?

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed's Family Photo... Sorry my posting of this magazine photo went bonkers after I had posted it early this morning. And then after that nothing had worked for many hours when I was trying once again to post this photo!!

Pictured here from Left to Right: Penny Owen, Tony Owen Jr., Donna Reed, Mary Owen, and Timothy Owen

Attachments

• Donna Reed's family photo Season's Greetings.jpg
    Donna Reed's family photo Season's Greetings.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 128

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed in a beautiful gown...

Attachments

• Donna Reed in beautiful gown.jpg
    Donna Reed in beautiful gown.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 179

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed & Hurd Hatfield in a promotional photo for the 1945 Movie, "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Shelley Fabares & Paul Petersen are practicing blowing their horns to bring in the New Year. Paul's eyes are bugging out because Shelley had decided to shove a horn between Paul's lips just before this photo was taken. lol Just Kidding! ;)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed: Beautiful & Intelligent Face

Attachments

• Donna Reed Beautiful Intelligent Face.jpg
    Donna Reed Beautiful Intelligent Face.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 128

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I guess I am going to have to post five pictures over again from this page 24. I don't know what happened, but they haven't shown up for a few days, at least not on my computer!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Replaced five photos that had mysteriously disappeared from this page 24.

1. Shelley Fabares with Paul Petersen blowing horns to help bring in the New Year!!!!!

2. Donna Reed in Clock

3. Donna Reed & Hurd Hatfield in a promotional photo for the 1945 Movie, "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

4. Donna with Reindeer!

5. Donna Reed in Striped Outfit

Attachments

• Donna Reed in clock 2.jpg
    Donna Reed in clock 2.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Donna with Reindeer2.jpg
    Donna with Reindeer2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Donna Reed in Promotional Photo for The Picture Of Dorian Gray 1945.jpg
    Donna Reed in Promotional Photo for The Picture Of Dorian Gray 1945.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 108
  • Shelley Fabares with Paul Petersen blowing horns.jpg
    Shelley Fabares with Paul Petersen blowing horns.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Donna Reed Nice Pose striped outfit 2 AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed Nice Pose striped outfit 2 AOL.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 107

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
In real life, Donna liked to dress up in a very modern way as is shown here in the year 1963.

Attachments

• Holiday Donna.jpg
    Holiday Donna.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 169

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna and a favored horse "Shinning Glory"

Attachments

• Donna Reed with her horse AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed with her horse AOL.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 191

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed seen with laundry during a lunch break from working on her TV Series. Love this photo...

Attachments

• Donna Reed on Street with clothes Pic Two.jpg
    Donna Reed on Street with clothes Pic Two.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 118

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Here's a little larger version of this same photo which I thought some of you might enjoy.

Donna Reed seen with laundry during a lunch break from working on her TV Series.

Attachments

• Donna Reed on Street with clothes Pic Two.jpg
    Donna Reed on Street with clothes Pic Two.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 126

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Ladies & Gentlemen: Donna Stone & Dr. Alex Stone, they are always an uplifting pleasure to meet!

Hey! My sincere thanks to the both of you for the very fond memories!!! :)

Attachments

• Donna Reed Carl Betz A Night To Howl AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed Carl Betz A Night To Howl AOL.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks