What's new

General Discussion The Criterion Channel Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
It looks to be hit and miss as I can see subtitles on "Stagecoach" and "The Scarlet Pimpernel", but they're not present for 'The Big Heat". Also, this is on two different ATV4K units.

Got it to work for those titles. Looks like they're slowly turning it on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got it to work for those titles. Looks like they're slowly turning it on.
Yeah, I checked "Oliver Twist" and they worked on that title too. Can you get them to work with the subtitle language on "Auto" in Settings? I had to choose "English" to work on those three titles.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yeah, I checked "Oliver Twist" and they worked on that title too. Can you get them to work with the subtitle language on "Auto" in Settings? I had to choose "English" to work on those three titles.

No on "Auto." I had to select "CC".

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Where did you select "CC"?

This is what I see at the top when I pull the menu down.

Eddie Muller photo bomb!

8E5C24F4-37F9-4BCF-9DC1-8AC9549BB43C.jpeg

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Number one priority should be improving search/browse functions. By country, decade, genre etc. Their content was much easier to access when they were on FilmStruck. Online workarounds like https://tcclibrary.com/ are a welcome stopgap, but Criterion needs to address this pronto. As it is, it's almost as bad as trying to browse Amazon Prime.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

Yeah, I got an email from them about that shortly after I posted. So far it works only from the desktop and isn't part of the streaming apps. It's also frustrating that though you can filter by decade, genre etc., once you choose a particular film there's no button to add it to your list. I made a suggestion on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
IMG_6297.PNG
Yeah, I got an email from them about that shortly after I posted. So far it works only from the desktop and isn't part of the streaming apps. It's also frustrating that though you can filter by decade, genre etc., once you choose a particular film there's no button to add it to your list. I made a suggestion on their Facebook page.

There's no button in the listing (and there should be), but if you hit Play, there's the little "add to list" icon at the top when it tries to start playing . At least, there is on my iPhone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 57485

There's no button in the listing (and there should be), but if you hit Play, there's the little "add to list" icon at the top when it tries to start playing . At least, there is on my iPhone.
Yes, you can add titles to your listing on ATVK4 and Roku.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks