What's new

General Discussion Wes Anderson to launch Galerie, streaming subscription movie club (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wes Anderson is inviting fellow cinephiles and fans to swap ideas in a new digital film club, with stars like Ethan Hawke and Maggie Gyllenhaal guest-curating.

Anderson’s longtime producing partners at Indian Paintbrush are launching Galerie, an exclusive curated club featuring original videos, considered writing, live screenings, and discussions with leading filmmakers.

Production company Indian Paintbrush was founded in 2006 by Steven Rales, and the company has produced and financed all of Anderson’s films since 2007. Per the official description, Galerie has a mission to “celebrate film conversation and literacy by offering access to film collections curated by industry creators, thoughtful essays, and exclusive live events with today’s most esteemed cinema professionals and cultural minds.”

Subscriptions cost $10 per month. In addition to Anderson, curators include Mike Mills, Taylor Russell, Karyn Kusama, Ethan Hawke, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, James Gray, and Ed Lachman. Curators will “guide members as they deepen their journeys through film in a shared place where everyone is invited to exchange ideas and learn,” per the press release, as well as participate in filmed conversations.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just signed up, but there’s no free trial or even any information without giving a credit card and starting a $10/mo sub.

Nope. Will watch for others to pay and review and see if I want to give it a go.

Nathan_H

Second Unit
I hope this is an interesting resource but I cant even keep up with Mubi and Criterion so I will wait to see what this is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks