What's new

The Bad News Bears - 2/12 (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
The features that I would be hoping for is a documentary on the film. I'm pretty sure that one or two exist. Even a commentay from somebody who worked on the film and a few deleted scenes. Plus isn't Tatum O'Neal John Maccenrow wife?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Martin! Where's that John McEnroe commentary we were promised? :laugh:
As long as this film is delivered in OAR without commercials, I'm thrilled to own it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Given the current trend 'double-dipping' among certain studios, you could hardly blame someone for "holding out" for an eventual Special Edition of a movie they love!
That's where it pays to know the reputations of various studios. Paramount are the LEAST likely to reissue a disc. Yeah, they're going back to redo the "Star Trek" movies, and I'm sure others will eventually appear as well, but when they put out a disc, it seems very unlikely something new will appear anytime in the foreseeable future...

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
I have the trilogy sitting here on my desk. All three are bare bones. Unfortunately I haven't had time to put any of them into the player yet.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully it's not quite as bad as that review makes it seem. Maybe he watched TBNB right after he had watched A.I.;)

Robert Hubbard

Auditioning
While it's true that pretty much all of the main principals in the film are dead (Ritchie, Matthau, writer Bill Lancaster) which cheats us of any sort of commentary, there's bound to be some sort of 'making of' documentary floating around in the Paramount vaults.
I do know that there is a documentary out there - my college roommate in film school did one about the Bad News Bears kids -- one of the kids ('Englebert' in "Breaking Training" was from a town in Southern Illinois and she spent some time tracking him and others down for a film - there was some wrangling she did with Paramount in order to get the rights to use scenes from the films.
Unfortunately, that's as much as I know about the film - we had a falling out right before she started to shoot, so I only know some of the preliminary work she did - never got to see the film for myself, although it did play in some festivals.
If the doc could be tracked, that would be worth putting on a SE disc.
The filmmaker was Michelle Madison - I know she was working in films (HARD TARGET, DAZED AND CONFUSED) but that's about it.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
there's bound to be some sort of 'making of' documentary floating around in the Paramount vaults.
While I wish this were the case, I seriously doubt that Paramount has a "in-house" doc just sitting on the shelf available for this release. If it were there, it would be on the disc. 25 years ago, the studios didn't just go around collecting materials for all of their movies, that would be some great foresight.

Also, your roommate may have made a doc, that isn't necessarily a Paramount property for them to include. If you think about it there are plenty of docs made about films, but they aren't all included on the discs.

-Chad

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
The filmmaker was Michelle Madison - I know she was working in films (HARD TARGET, DAZED AND CONFUSED) but that's about it.
This Michelle Madison?
Link Removed
I'm not sure camera loader on Dazed and Confused, puts you over the top as one of Paramount's documentary filmakers. ;)
-Chad
Edit: Fixed link

Robert Hubbard

Auditioning
While I wish this were the case, I seriously doubt that Paramount has a "in-house" doc just sitting on the shelf available for this release. If it were there, it would be on the disc. 25 years ago, the studios didn't just go around collecting materials for all of their movies, that would be some great foresight.
Also, your roommate may have made a doc, that isn't necessarily a Paramount property for them to include. If you think about it there are plenty of docs made about films, but they aren't all included on the discs.
Well, the point I was making is that there may be stuff out there that would make a SE possible - tracking it down is another matter, and of all the studios, only 20th Century Fox seems to have any interest in going through its vaults and preserving material to exploit for the current market.
Michael Ritchie was pretty much at the apogee of his career at the time, so it might be possible that some promotional thing could exist.
As for my ex-roommates' film - not having seen it, I can't confirm or deny anything as to the quality of it... but hell, it's trivia related to the film, and as such would be an interesting addition, particularly since there aren't going to be commentaries from Ritchie or Matthau at this point... unless a Tatum O'Neal commentary would be a selling point. Or episodes from the t.v. series based on the movie.
Also, the link you posted is NOT to that particular Madison as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks