What's new

The Avengers and the New Avengers - The Cybernauts Trilogy Blu Ray coming! (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The episodes have been newly remastered. The audio was remixed as well.

I have the previous blu ray set and I believe the episodes look even better in this new release!

I hope a full set of the new avengers is in the works too.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Is this happening??

The New Avengers on Blu-Ray is ‘possible’ but the complete soundtrack CD is problematic
because of the master tapes. There used to be an incomplete music release
(The Music of Laurie Johnson Vol. 3 : The New Avengers) as part of a 3-CD set of Laurie Johnson's body of work.

Disc 1

Original Recording
1. The Midas Touch - complete episode score - 14 cues
2. To Catch A Rat - complete episode score - 23 cues
3. House Of Cards - complete episode score - 19 cues
4. The Last Of The Cybernauts...? - 1 cue

Re-Recording
5. Tale Of The Big Why
6. Obsession
7. Cat Amongst The Pigeons
8. A Flavour Of The New Avengers
9. The New Avengers - End Titles

Suite from “The Midas Touch”

1. Freddie Sees The Midas Guards
2. Main Title
3. Search Continues By Midas Guards
4. The Airport Chase
5. Professor Turner And Obsession With Gold
6. Turner Purdey And Gambit Give Chase
7. Walk Away
8. Red Mask Party Music
9. Contamination
10. Freddy's Death Driving Over Cliff
11. Purdey At Pilton Down
12. Purdey, A Prisoner
13. Three To The Rescue
14. End Titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWb0Koeb7s

newavengers.jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

The New Avengers on Blu-Ray is ‘possible’ but the complete soundtrack CD is problematic
because of the master tapes. There used to be an incomplete music release
(The Music of Laurie Johnson Vol. 3 : The New Avengers) as part of a 3-CD set of Laurie Johnson's body of work.

Disc 1

Original Recording
1. The Midas Touch - complete episode score - 14 cues
2. To Catch A Rat - complete episode score - 23 cues
3. House Of Cards - complete episode score - 19 cues
4. The Last Of The Cybernauts...? - 1 cue

Re-Recording
5. Tale Of The Big Why
6. Obsession
7. Cat Amongst The Pigeons
8. A Flavour Of The New Avengers
9. The New Avengers - End Titles

Suite from “The Midas Touch”

1. Freddie Sees The Midas Guards
2. Main Title
3. Search Continues By Midas Guards
4. The Airport Chase
5. Professor Turner And Obsession With Gold
6. Turner Purdey And Gambit Give Chase
7. Walk Away
8. Red Mask Party Music
9. Contamination
10. Freddy's Death Driving Over Cliff
11. Purdey At Pilton Down
12. Purdey, A Prisoner
13. Three To The Rescue
14. End Titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWb0Koeb7s

View attachment 62148

I’d love a box set of the avengers music.

I’m sad that tapes are lost for music for the persuaders series and even another early saint cd set too.

I’m hoping new avengers is in the works for Blu Ray.

I was surprised that the avengers episodes on this new collection appear better better than the previous blu ray sets too.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I’d love a box set of the avengers music.

I’m sad that tapes are lost for music for the persuaders series and even another early saint cd set too.

I’m hoping new avengers is in the works for Blu Ray.

I was surprised that the avengers episodes on this new collection appear better better than the previous blu ray sets too.

Network's remastering on their various ITC sets is superb...I have most of what they've put out. Perhaps they will re-do The Avengers on Blu, but most certainly The New Avengers needs the most TLC. Do you have any of their other sets, Osato? Department S, The Zoo Gang, Man in a Suitcase, Randall & Hopkirk - Deceased, Captain Scarlet, Space: 1999, etc...they all look GREAT!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Network's remastering on their various ITC sets is superb...I have most of what they've put out. Perhaps they will re-do The Avengers on Blu, but most certainly The New Avengers needs the most TLC. Do you have any of their other sets, Osato? Department S, The Zoo Gang, Man in a Suitcase, Randall & Hopkirk - Deceased, Captain Scarlet, Space: 1999, etc...they all look GREAT!

I do not. I have the 3 seasons of the avengers on blu ray as well as the persuaders.

I just watched a bit of the persuaders Blu Ray set yesterday too.

I marvel at how good everything looks on lg Oled screen!!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I do not. I have the 3 seasons of the avengers on blu ray as well as the persuaders.

I just watched a bit of the persuaders Blu Ray set yesterday too.

I marvel at how good everything looks on lg Oled screen!!

If you're a fan of spy stuff, Osato, I particularly recommend Department S and Man in a Suitcase.

My Cybernauts Trilogy Blu-Ray should be here in a week or so...can't wait to check out the remastered episodes!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
If you're a fan of spy stuff, Osato, I particularly recommend Department S and Man in a Suitcase.

My Cybernauts Trilogy Blu-Ray should be here in a week or so...can't wait to check out the remastered episodes!

Thanks! Network dvd for these series sets??

I did try an episode of the baron but it didn’t hold my interest.

I also could never get into return of the saint. Finally sold my dvd set of that one earlier this year.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
M
Thanks! Network dvd for these series sets??

I did try an episode of the baron but it didn’t hold my interest.

I also could never get into return of the saint. Finally sold my dvd set of that one earlier this year.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Good news! According to The Avengers International forum:

"Tim Beddows of Network confirmed in a Q&A last night that they are definitely doing all of The New Avengers on Blu-ray but there is no idea of timescale or format of the releases. There was no mention of them revisiting The Avengers on BD."

And, from an announcement at last weekend's Elstree ITC event (via Roobarb's Forum):

"[They shared] a terrific film showing the logistics of restoring a couple of episodes and that there were roughly 40 cans used to get the best elements together from negatives, backup copy, audio etc. So it's a time consuming process and can't be rushed."

Apparently, Danger Man and The Sweeney Series 2-4 are in the works at some future stage, as well. The final 3 series of The Sweeney have not yet been transferred to HD.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Good news! According to The Avengers International forum:

"Tim Beddows of Network confirmed in a Q&A last night that they are definitely doing all of The New Avengers on Blu-ray but there is no idea of timescale or format of the releases. There was no mention of them revisiting The Avengers on BD."

And, from an announcement at last weekend's Elstree ITC event (via Roobarb's Forum):

"[They shared] a terrific film showing the logistics of restoring a couple of episodes and that there were roughly 40 cans used to get the best elements together from negatives, backup copy, audio etc. So it's a time consuming process and can't be rushed."

Apparently, Danger Man and The Sweeney Series 2-4 are in the works at some future stage, as well. The final 3 series of The Sweeney have not yet been transferred to HD.

great news on the new avengers!!!!!
Finally!!

Real Name
anthony dasher
Bad news. I followed up with Network via their FB page asking when this release would be forthcoming. Their reply was ...."Network Distributing:
No news I'm afraid Tony. Unfortunately, there are many complicated factors that make this release unlikely"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks