What's new

The Apprentice Season 5 (Feb. 2006) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Are they both new episodes?

I guess that will make up for delaying last week's episode by an hour for extra "Deal Or No Deal."

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Trump said that one of the women should be fired because, although they were the only ones who contributed to the challenge, they failed. Bryce said that wouldn't be fair. Trump then said that life is "unfair".

Then Trump said it would be "unfair" to fire Lee because he could not contribute to the challenge.

The issue to me is that Trump contradicted himself.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

If that's an issue for you, then you're watching the wrong show. :) The boardroom is totally subject to his momentary whims.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Great interview with the recently canned Bryce on TVGuide.com. He really lets loose!

Bryce interview link

According to him, the reason they were late for the meeting is because they were held up by the production crew (it sounds like it wasn't on purpose, though).

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I was really upset to see Lenny go, but he really did do a terrible job on his task. I was also upset to see that Gold Rush lost the following task at the 7-11. I thought Lee was actually the only one who was thinking on that team. Too bad his really big deal for 1000 of those sandwiches didn't go through.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it would have been a helluva deal. We haven't seen many actual 'big' ideas that actually work on the Apprentice starting with the $1000 cup of lemonade on season 1.

The more we see Bill and the more he talks, the more I think he is a tool. I swear whenever he is asked a question by Trump his brain flips on the rolodex of 'yes' synonyms to spit out...such as the one last night which describes Bill to a tee, no brainer. For once, I would like to see Trumps side of the table get into an argument with two different opinions.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Lenny was funny. He didn't care if he was snapping back at Caroline or Bill or even Trump himself.

Speaking of Bill, I liked how he was holding his own ground when he was getting interrumpted: "Please let me finish!". He's come a long way since winning the first season.

I wonder why we don't see other past winners. I remember seeing Kelly once but that's about it. It's always Bill.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Trump pretty much hates seasons 2 and 3; and since Randal hadn't been declared the winner of season 4 when season 5 was taping, it's all about Bill for Donald. Which makes sense since he's probably the best winner but it does get a little old.

Personally, I think Bill should replace George, since he's never there anyway.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I agree. There's just something terribly phony about him. (He didn't seem that way when he was an applicant.)

The nuclear personality clash between the Blunt Russian and the Southern Belle did not surprise me one little itty bit. :)

I kinda felt bad for Leslie -- you could tell from the beginning of the boardroom that Trump was going to focus on the ridiculous pricing (rightfully), and that meant that Lee was pretty much immune since he was the only one who opposed it. She was doomed as soon as she decided to bring only one other person back -- which was yet another stupid decision. How many times does the Donald have to make it clear that you should bring the maximum number of people back with you NO MATTER WHAT?

Next week's task looks pretty interesting.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Bill has to be the typical kiss ass yes man to Trump and agree with everything he says or he'd be hearing the words "you're fired". It's a shame because Bill was clearly the best candidate in the first season of the show, but now he's reduced to just being one of The Donald's clones.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Good point. I'd happily suck up to Trump on TV for $250K/ year (probably more than that now)! :D

Oh, and I'd successfully manage the building project, too. ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Talk about a turnaround! Wow, what a drubbing. Even Tarek (who's been dissed by most of the fired applicants in recent interviews) seemed to do a good job. And it was good to see Ms. No-Personality hit the road. (Did Andrea strike anyone else as the sort of woman who works well with men but just gets too competitive to get along with other women? Or was she just an all-around abrasive chick?)

Nice reward this week, too. I mean, taking an ill child to Toys R Us is a great thing to do, but a set of high-end golf clubs and a day on the links with Vijay Singh? I don't even play golf, and I'd be into that. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What the hell is up with Trump Jr's hair??? He is young enough and has enough of it to fix it. It works as a joke with your dad....On you it's just ridiculous. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Every time I see Trump and Trump Jr. I think of Big Enos and Little Enos in Smokey and the Bandit.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Wow, not only was that a funny recap, but they've been doing these for a long time. I'll have to add that site to my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks