What's new

The Apprentice Season 5 (Feb. 2006) (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I was pleasantly surprised. Not fantastic but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I'm glad Summer got out although I'm not a Tarek fan at all.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Aaron:

It looks like you aren't alone. I am glad that Trump is getting out of NY next season. It should be fun to see who shows up in LA.

I also like the fact that this year's show has people from other parts of the world. I going to get really tired of Trump making a reference to "the Russian" though.

I would like to see the The Apprentice on DVD if it included all the extra scenes like extended boardrooms, etc. They could call it The Apprentice - In the Boardroom or The Apprentice - The Trump Edition. :)

One of the great things about this show is that you care about most of these people and usually I agree with Trump in who he fires. And it usually is the person that can't shut up in the boardroom.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I wonder if these people ever watch earlier seasons. No one seems to have figured out you can't talk over Donald without getting whacked.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I'm glad that Leo did not give in to that thug Tarek's threat and spoke his mind. And BFD about the Mensa thing. I bet a lot of candidates could pass an IQ test to qualify. Mensa is made up of lots of different people from all walks of life. Janitors, lawyers, teachers and hardware store salepeople just to name a few I have encountered (I joined once.) Being able to take an IQ test doesn't mean you're a good business person.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The girl that got fired should've kept her mouth shut. Trump was right in firing her.

The russian was funny. Trump said something like "you just dodged the bullet" to the loser project manager and the russian goes "Not for long", :D.

Brent is so annoying, it's funny. Plus he must be the twin brother of a co-worker of mine. He looks and acts exactly the same as this dude at work.

Looking forward to seeing Ivanka.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Man, Trump keeps bragging about how great his show still is but I had to dig pretty deep to find this thread. I guess I'm one of the few who still gets a kick out of this. I think the main appeal I find in it is that the contestants always claim how great of a leader they are and how smart they are then proceed to be the opposite during a task or in the boardroom.

Anyway I just wanted to post that I am now a converted believer that some contestants are plants. They have no chance of winning and probably should never had made it through the first round of auditions but the producers put them through so they can be drama queens. There is no other explaination on why the fat lawyer is still on the show.

However, I do agree with the two people that got fired.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This could have been the editing, but I think the lawyer was wrongly called out and that chick who kept flip flopping on the 'threaten' statement was the biggest distraction during the task. She turned the whole task into a witchhunt and was the biggest drama queen.

While annoying, the lawyer guy isn't too bad. Not Apprentice material but not a psycho that some are trying to make him out to be. I'm soooo glad Bill saw through her crap and called her on it. Same for Trump. Suprised me that he made the right decision.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I agree with you, Jason. Pepi [sp?] should have been fired since he was the project leader and there were a variety of issues with the team. Also, the girl who got fired was a total weasel. She bossed Brent around, overreacted when he called her on it, and then didn't have the courage to come straight out and admit that she was wrong.

When I watch Brent, I keep thinking of a less-psychotic version of Sam from season 1 (or was it 2?).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FYI -- yesterday I picked up the new edition of the Trump board game (the rules are changed somewhat from the old 1989 edition) and the Apprentice card game (which includes an electronic doohickey that talks in Trump's voice) at Toys R Us for about $3.50 apiece. Trump is supposed to be a pretty good game. I haven't heard much about The Apprentice game, but for that price, I'll try it out. :)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I had to agree with the two firings. Three probably wouldn't have surprised me. Didn't like Trump tipping us off at the beginning that Brent wouldn't be fired. Then he announced that he was going to fire two people that night as he sent them out of the BR. Overall I wasn't that impressed with the task. Getting people to text message? Lame really. Pepi was a real lightweight and Stacy REALLY had it coming. The bathrobe guy should've gone too. How lame.

I also agree that there are plants in the casts. Brent is a mixture of about four previous contestants including Danny with the guitar.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If I was one of the teams trying to get the people to text. I would have used the Donald. Find a way to pick a person randomly from the people texting to win a phone call from Trump or maybe tickets to the finale. Give people a reason to take the time to text. Not sure if the rules would allow it...But, I think Trump would appreciate something different...Besides it strokes his ego. :)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I agree with the firings, and Brent was practically blameless on this task. If Stacy had just listened to the ideas, even if she hated all of them, much time and trouble would have been saved, and her team may have won the task.

I was surprised to see one of the teams get a late start. If you have X amount of hours to get as many text messages as you can, you need to work 100% during all of those hours.

While I like Bill and George about equally in the boardroom, nobody can replace Carolyn, not even Trump's daughter. I'm sure Carolyn is a busy woman, but she increases my enjoyment of the show immensely.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I'd be willing to bet that any participation by Trump himself would be against the rules. And even though he likes to bend the ones he makes, I doubt that he's so quick to bend the producers' rules.

I agree about Carolyn -- she usually has interesting comments to make.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching tonights episode, and I can't help but wonder if these people ever watched the show? I keep seeing these people make the same mistakes over and over. They never listen to their people, they always single one guy out on the team as the scapegoat. This year it's Lenny and Brent. That never works.

I just have to laugh when I watch the show. BTW, I think that Lenny is hilarious. The whole "Fire them both!" cracked me up!

Thoughts?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Lenny is a riot. I just hope he doesn't get caught by Trump in the wrong way with one of his smirks or comments. But so far Trump has agreed with him.

What was with the breakdown when Brent came back from the boardroom? Talk about melodrama. :rolleyes

They editors do seem to be going overboard in trying to make Brent look like a slob. To their credit, I'm sure he gives them plenty of material, but all of the shots of him eating, and then going as far as adding slurping sound fx and gulping while he is drinking? Come on.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The sniffle transition to the theme song was perfect. :D Otherwise, a pretty predictable episode; nothing out of the ordinary.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I've seen Cory Kahane from Last Comic Standing and then in person at a comedy club. While maybe not appropriate for what she was hired for. When I saw her she was very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks