What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

From what I could tell their commercial was just a black screen with the sound of a jet taking off, and then a simple phrase was displayed much like "Got Milk". I can't remember what it said, but it wasn't that great.

So this show takes place in 13 weeks, but the challenges take at most 3 days. What are they doing for the other days? Just hanging around NYC enjoying their nice apartment?

dan fritzen

Second Unit
This is a fun show to watch.

Sam was smart in the first episode by saying they have to think bigger to win the lemonade contest, but the second episode he was not helping, but I agree with Trump decision, because Sam did not cause the failure of VersaCorp.

Sam isn't so much of a suckup as he is oppurtunistic, he simply wants to get the job, if he got it and had power I think he would act very differently to Trump and others.

Why didn't Jason say I pick myself as the third person since there was no one else to blame, he looked really weak in front of Trump picking someone who really helped the team. I thought maybe he was picking someone good to raise the chances of Trump picking Sam.

Should be interesting to see if Sam can really redeem himself in week 3 as team leader.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator

Nickso, I think Sam did do his job. I think it was so simple, that he was bored out of his mind not doing anything important, and he took a nap. I got nothing wrong with Sam. I bet he does well next week.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

He probably will. I'm betting that they way he has been portrayed so far is a set up for him to step up next week

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

Ugh...if I ever met him in person I'd be straining myself big time not to beat his ass. That whole thing with him trying to sell the lemonade for $1,000 (or whatever it was) was a joke. He was just trying to get Trump's attention (and to my surprise Trump seemed to fall for it).

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
See, I think that although Protoge corp made more money, they did worse than Versa Corp.

While the guys were making inroads with local business, doing an AMAZING job securing supplies of all sorts; a hand cart, ad materials, serving trays, carafes, and so on, the girls were wandering lost and alone, arguing, and so on. Until they decided to sell sex, oh, and here's some lemonade.

Yes, the stated goal was 'make the most money,' but I'd have banked on the guys as a better long-term operation.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah since the guys lost twice, its very likely its NOT going to be the case tehy will lose again... unforunately sam's the PL... well, ill see how he does next week...

Is it going to be on wednesday now? or thursday?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Another loss for the men. This is getting embarrassing! Although once again I thought the challenge (negotiation) presented an extremely unlevel playing field where the women had the odds stacked very much in their favor. They were able to talk down a guy on the price of a gold bar by the feminine "Pleeeeaaassssseeeee, Pleeeeaassseee" The bottom line was that every merchant (except for the waxing salon people) were men who would be easilly swayed by attractive women. Sam was the leader and blew it, so he was quickly fired. Will be interesting to see how the men do now. A pretty good near cat fight between the black woman and one of the other women broke out. Things got pretty heated. So how about the look Sam gave when he found out he was fired. Looked like Gomer Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket" before he went nuts.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Yeah I think the three challenges so far have been skewed in the womens favour though maybe not last weeks as much as the first and third challenges. Sex sells and the women are more then willing to use that to their advantage. I hope a challange comes up where that won't be a factor, at least not a positive one.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I think the men blew it and not just because the task favored the women. I didn't even see them try to negotiate, at least we were never shown it. All you see is them ask once and followed by the answer "No." Ok, that's when you say, "alright, I'll check out the place across the street." This would have easily worked for the leg waxing, which OMG looked painful as hell!! He should have shaved first or something. That was hard to watch. But they could have haggled at one of the shops. The golf club was the other big item that had lots of play.

I still don't get why they didn't call multiple places, find out how much the price is at the get go and then pick the best place from that. That appears to be Sam's fault. Or in Sam lingo "He dropped the ball, came up a yard short for a first down, was off-sides, etc." :D

I love Trumps left hand woman. When Sam did that overly dramatic stand and exit I immediately said "geeze drama queen" and then she said "that was dramatic". That whole stare was creepy.

Hopefully the guys figure something out this next time. Can't wait to see next weeks show.

dan fritzen

Second Unit

I didn't get that, either, they should have negotiated over the phone and turned the offensive line into delivery boys to go pay and pickup the goods that the coaches negotiated.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The look on Sam's face when he got fired, not once, but twice by Trump should be the hallmark of the show. Trump bolstered his spirits during the competitions and then laid the whammy on him in the boardroom and crushed him like the gnat he was.

I want to see/hear more of Trump right hand lady.

This set of women were grating on my nerves. Far too much drama.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
The men really did a poor job of negotiating, but they also did a poor job of picking the right places to negotiate. I think they were under the gun due to Sam's lack of direction and that's why they were forced to go these places. Sam's football references were horrible - and he just didn't shut up. He was sounded like a lame version of Tony Robbins in trying to motivate his team (which turned out to backfire).

The spa they went into to have Troy's legs waxed is one of the nicer (and overpriced) spas in the city. Places like that never deal. The girls had it right by going into one of the million nail salons on every corner in NY to get their legs waxed for cheap.

When they walked into the World Of Golf (on 47th St), I turned to my wife and said - "This is going to be bad. They are not walking out of that store paying anything less than retail" (as an avid golfer and NYC resident, I've been in that store many times, spent a lot of $$ there and rarely, if ever get a break).

I was impressed they were able to get the cigars for a discounted price at Davidoff.

Sam's face was priceless and I really thought there was going to be an incident where security was going to get called. It'll be interesting to see how the men do from here on out with the weak link gone.

Pete

WillG

Senior HTF Member
To be fair though, I did not see much "negotiation" out of the women either. They picked some better locations but most of what I saw was was that feministic (and I don't mean feministic in the good sense) pleading, and showing skin to get what they want. For the leg waxing, I would have just gone to a drug store, bought a leg wax kit and then found some girl on the street to do it (probably wouldn't be to hard with cameras around.) Maybe that is against the rules, but I don't see why it would have to be.

Another thing, does anyone know if the rules say you had to pick up the items within NYC? If not I may have tried to find the lowest prices on the internet within 50 miles of the city. If you had all day, you could easilly make the round trip in plenty of time.

I thought that they were editing the whole thing to make things look bad for the guys with Sam at the lead and then a surprise victory in the board room. But I guess it truly was a bad performance.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The men were bad at locating vendors that would negotiate, and they were also bad at actually negotiating a lower rate as well. The women were annoying in their "bargaining" for a $10 reduction for the gold they bought. That's harrassment, not negotiation. The Big Bertha purchase was good negotiating by the women, though.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Supposedly. They got a good price, but I don't remember seeing them negotiate for it. The guy pulled out the club, showed it to them and then they cut to them walking out with it. I could be missing something, but I remember that part being very short.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks