What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

BobV

Second Unit
...but then it doesn't really matter who shows it in Canada being that most Canadians get NBC/CBS/ABC/Fox on satellite or cable anyways :) .

Oh, and I'll be watching the next ep too. I'm slightly intrigued.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you missed the premiere of The Apprentice last week, you can catch it tonight at 8 p.m. EST on NBC. The 2nd episode will show up after Friends on Thursday night.

I do expect The Apprentice will move into the Wednesday 8 p.m. timeslot in February once Survivor All-Stars gets going.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
What do you know, the women resort to the 'sex sells' mentality again, and just like last time it works. :rolleyes

I was rooting for the guys this time, but their end result was pretty cliched and generic. A thumbs up by the pilot at the end of the commercial? LOL :thumbsdown: They aren't selling used cars here.

Jason did make a huge mistake. Actually he made two, not contacting the president of the company and then picking Nick, the one guy that backed him in the boardroom as a reason for the failure. I think that cost him. If he picked someone else, anyone else he probably stood a chance of staying and then Sam getting fired.

Sam, Sam, Sam. I think Trump is just keeping him to see what he will do. He definitely isn't the best of the group, but he certainly perked Trump's interest. Next week he is the project manager, which means he has a definite third trip to the boardroom if the men fail, and if they do then he will be out. Just a guess.

The women, holy moly is there some fighting going on in that group. I don't think that Omarosa understood the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black." Her response "Oh so you are racist too?! Can't handle a strong black woman?" Something like that. Pretty funny in context. She is the one that I don't really like of the women. Her and Heide, followed by Tammy in a distant third. But I'm in love with Ereka. :b :D

I really like this show though. My favorite reality show on at the moment. Just have to remember that it is shown on wednesdays now.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, what a train wreck this is. Not in a "I hate the show way" but just the things that went down. I think the guys against girls was a huge mistake. First, it really ruins the playing field. What challenge is there that women thinking with their ta-tas can't win? Second it is very unrepresentative of a modern business environment. I had a huge groan when the black woman took an age old metaphor and turned it into racism. Mark Burnett sure loves angry black women in his shows (but I guess that makes for a volitile mix)

Sure they guys campaign may have been cheesy, but look at all the ads on televison today, especially banks and credit companies, they are all cheesy like that. I thought the guys commercial was actually very indicative of what is being advertised today.

Jason did make a mistake about not meeting with the President of the company, but I don't think he should have gotten the boot. He was an adequate leader who made a mistake, but Sam is a complete train wreck so far. I guess we'll see more next week.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

At the end of the premiere, there was a disclaimer to the effect that NBC has Trumps ear on who should possibly get the boot. I can't stand Sam, but I think that they are keeping him around - at least for now - because he's a popular (not in a good way)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but the end says that all final decisions are made by Trump. I guess it does not matter all that much if NBC is telling him who to pick

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I would NOT have thought it was jason... He did a good job in keeping things on track and motivating them. The end result was fairly good, cleancut and organized. Sam, really, had NO PART in the whole project. Like Jason said, he was given a simple task, and HE DIDN'T DO IT.. he did not contribuite at all. Unless Sam does somethign SPECTACTULAR, if the guys go back in, its definitely Sam who is booted. Both his advisors felt sam should've been fired. I think Jason just had to throw a name out there, with no reason in particular. I felt that it was a hard choice too.

As for the women... Omarosa has GOT to get back down to earth and respect her teammates. She is NOT the most brilliant one there, and she should not act like it. Tammy did a great job on the ads, great ideas, great control over the campaign. She was just great in this one, and totally redeemed herself for her little lunch break in the first episode. Amy kept everything running smoothly.
The campaign had what the owners wanted, I do feel the women's ad presentation was better than the mens.

As for Ereka.. :eek:
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Be still my raging hormones...

Seeing the preview for next week.. Looks like Omarosa is bein a huge instigator in all these arguments.. First with tammy, then ereka, and next week Katrina.

Great show... And I used to HATE reality shows...

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Now I know why Kristi didn't have a problem kissing all those male lemonade customers last week...

~T

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Another great show from Mark Burnett. Donald Trump is such an interesting character to wrap a show around, and we hardly saw him today.

One thing I did notice, was that I wish that they spent a little more time on the actual project. Last week they showed a ton of them going out and selling lemonaid, but there wasn't much shot of them discussing the project IMO.

Jason made a mistake. A big one. That's why he got fired. He didn't give a very good impression the first week and I think that carried on this week. He seems like a plain guy, and that's probably why NBC wanted him to go, and to keep the other two. He wont really be missed. Otherwise I say he should not be ousted for this one mistake in a 'game' situation. He works in advertising, he said it himself. He should know better, and he does. I think he decided against it because of the time limit, that he had no relationship with the client, and may have been a bit intimidated by the client, Trump, and Deutch. In this show, you've got to think big.

At first I was thinking along the same lines as Omarosa in that the whole phallic thing was a slap in the face to their client, but they pulled it off VERY well. I hope Omarosa goes next. But NBC will probably keep the drama queen on for another few shows, and get rid of the 'boring, plain' women... (although none of them are even a tiny bit plain! :)

I really like Troy so far! I think he's done a great job as project manager, and was a great job coaching sam to relax, even though he doesn't really like the guy, a good leader must focus on and believe in everyone on his team. He spoke up in the boardroom about how good a leader Jason was, even though he had no real reason to. I think he's the only LEADER on the mens side.

On the women's side.... I really don't know. I like Amy, but am curious to find out what Ereka does when she's in the spotlight. If I were the women, I would NOT want to be project manager next week!

GREAT SHOW!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also think Burnett has told Trump to keep Sam around. Because he is so annoying it makes for good drama. Omarosa was so against her teams plan. And yet it succeeded. That must have irked her. And with regards to the men vs. woman teams. I think that was a mistake.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Sam will be project manager next week. Something tells me that ironically, the men will win this time and I will be laughing my ass off.

Please get rid of Omarosa. She's so annoying! And what kind of frigging name is that anyway?????

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch the first episode, but it was easy to get into it right away this week anyway. I will definitely follow this show from now on.

It's easy to tell that the "Survivor" guy is behind this, the structure is virtually identical, except for the setting and the different ousting-procedure. That's a GOOD thing though, since "Survivor" is by far the best of the docu-soaps out there.

Burnett really must like to put obnoxious black women in his shows... I can't believe Omarosa's comments about racism after hearing the phrase "pot calling the kettle black"! Either she's way too sensitive, or she might have been too emotional at the time to process what she was hearing. Either way, from what they've shown us she's a real troublemaker.

The women's campaign was eye-catching, but empty and pointless. I thought it was rather depressing that all they could come up with was "sex sells". I'm starting to wonder how these people were selected to be in this show in the first place.

The men's campaign was incredibly boring and generic, but I liked that they went for a more utilitarian approach. It lacked any shred of originality though, so I can understand why the women's team won.

Did they show the women's TV-commercial? If they did I missed it, I wish they would have shown it.

I did not feel that Jason deserved to get the boot. He got an easy assignment, and he didn't do it, instead he was SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR!! I can't see any other reason for Sam to stay than ratings, they feel that they need an obnoxious asshole to create some drama.

Jason did however make a mistake by not talking to the people behind the product they were advertising. He also could not explain why he selected Nick as one of the 2 people he wanted to go. He must have had SOME reason for it, even if it wasn't a good one, but he couldn't come up with one (from what we were shown).

Do Trump and his two partners in the boardroom get to see footage from the day's events, or what do they rely on to make their decision?

/Mike

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

His two assistants follow the teams around all day and report in to the Donald.

Jason made some very stupid mistakes. Not dealing with the head of the company you are creating an ad for is moronic. And this guy has some type of degree?

I think even Donald knew the reason for Jason picking Nick. Jason was playing as if this were Survivor, pick someone who is in no position of going, then try to make the other guy look bad.

Chris

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

Trump is also an executive producer on the show, so believe me, he is considering the ratings himself, which is why Sam is still on board. He knows Sam won't make it to the end, but why not keep him around for ratings, and maybe even see how the other, more capable guys react to him.

As for the guys vs girls thing, I'm sure it won't stay that way the whole time. Especially if the women keep winning.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
As an aside, I think that, around seven or so episodes into the show, the teams should file into the Boardroom, and there stands Jeff Probst. He starts to say 'Welcome to Tribal Counc....oops' and runs off, muttering something about being on the wrong show.

But that's just me.

I think Trump is keeping Sam around for the sheer amusement factor; the guy just screams 'USED CAR SALESMAN!' at me. Not that this should be viewed as a sweeping generalization of used car salespeople, so much as a nod at the Hollywood stereotype.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks