What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So this was an SNL sketch all along. I KNEW IT!! :D

Congrats to Bill.

I thought the two jobs were much bigger than I would have expected. I personally would have picked the golf course because, I like to golf, and the nice weather. But that building sure looked cool. :)

Comacosa, please your 15 minutes are 25 minutes past due.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I admit that I thought it was going to be a do noting job. But, these projects seem pretty high profile. I think Bill made a good choice. If all goes well, he will have a hand in running the construction of, what will be, one of the tallest buildings in Chicago, which happens to be in his home town. A Golf Course seems a bit less important to me. But, to each, his own.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Congratulations to Bill....

Personally, I would prefer to work for someone like Kwame, but Bill is a very talented guy, yet a bit edgy for me. I've experienced both types of personalities in the business world and prefer Kwame's style.

Omarosa is a complete buffon and her lack of integrity, confrontational attitude, self centered ego and blatantly lying, had an effect on Trump's decision IMHO not choosing Kwame as the winner. She screwed up his chances to succeed.

Also, I did not know the final two had the right to fire someone on their team. I told my GF that I would have canned her when I found out she was lying last week. That woman is such an idiot and that is being kind, but she will be smiling all the way to the bank.

Was the $250K that Sam had in the case real or monopoly money?? That was pretty bizzare. Donald took it but left it on the table at the end of the show.

Also, I too noticed when Bill took off in the car at the end of the show, it looked like the streets were wet from rain. Beautiful day here in the Northeast. Street cleaning perhaps??

As I see it, Trump already knew what two projects he was going to offer the winner. I think Bill is the proper selection for what he is trying to accomplish reconstructing the golf course or the building in Chicago. It was pretty obvious to me which project Bill would choose. Bill is demanding, feisty, detailed, very agressive, always thinking ahead, and always seems to a bit on edge. Besides that, he a real smart guy.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Trump has admitted that Kwame's handling of Omarosa was the deciding factor on not hiring him.

And Trump was right, Kwame should have kicked he butt onto Atlantic Avenue.

It was good to see her get razzed at the finale as the fraud she is.:emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I would guess that they actually filmed that part yesterday, or the day before (pretty lousy weather in NYC up until today) They probably filmed Both Bill and Kwame going out to the car and used the footage of whoever was the winner. Of course, that ruins the surprise for the actual winner. But it's all for the Television audience anyway.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
For the last two jobs, from the Donalds' viewpoint, i'd say bill did an overall better job than Kwame. Though bill had a few hiccups, he got them fixed before Trump realized any of it happened, and the finished product that Trump saw was quite flawless. Kwame on the otherhand, gave Trump the opportunity to see his screwup, by not knowing where Omarosa was.

As for omarosa... How she was selected as one of 'the best and brightest', i haven't a clue :confused:

Sam's stunt at the end was kinda stupid I thought... It wouldve been nice to see Nick and Amy together though :p)

Good show, the first reality show ive followed beginning to end :emoji_thumbsup:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Kwame stated on last week's episode that he would have fired Omarosa if he had that ability.

~T

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
Even if Kwame thought he couldn't fire Omarosa, he could have given her meaningless tasks for the rest of the event, just to get her out of the way. Instead she continued to have major responsibilities. That plus the fact he didn't confront and deal with her lying and incompetence was a big problem. Being laid back and giving people lots of space to do their jobs without micromanagement is a much better management style IMO. But it only works if people do their jobs properly. As a good manager, you also have to know when to step in, not only to deal with problem staff, but also for the morale of the rest of the team.

Bill was micromanaging to a fault, but I think that was understandable considering what was at stake for him. I too would want to make sure things were being done properly and I don't blame him for double and triple checking everything with Amy and the others, he had so much to lose.

I agree with those who've said Omarosa had a lot to do with Kwame not being picked. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Omarosa was on Bill's team and how he would have dealt with her.

However, I'm glad Bill won because as I said from the early episodes, I thought he was the strongest and most consistant player.

And after this, I can't believe anyone would want to hire Omarosa.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
One cool aspect of this show is that the prize is much more valuable than any of the 'millionaire' type shows like Survivor, etc. Not only just for the winner but for the other contestants as well. The potential for a lucrative career is available to all of them, rather than just a 15 minutes of fame that most reality shows tend to give.

Guess you can say the prize of the Apprentice is the gift that keeps on giving...unless you show that you are incompetent of course. :D

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
This show was better than it deserved to be. What seemed like a shlocky premise turned into a really entertaining romp with The Donald being the straw that stirs the drink, he was the the real x-factor that made it work. Season 2 should be another good one.

The Sam storyline went on much longer than it needed to, he should have gotten the same air time as Bowie. The tease for next year means we may have to deal with Sam and Omarosa again, oy-vay.

Kwame was done in by the fact that he took Omorosa 2nd, he could have taken her last and it would have helped his cause. He took her over Katrina and Heidi, that was his major mistake and he paid dearly. She was so bad it seemed like she was a plant for The Donald, but he made no reference to that, so she had to be as bad as advertised, stunningly incompetent. If Kwame had fired Omarosa, it may not have won him the job, but he would have lived in infamy.

Bill deserved the win, he had a good winning track record, good solid education, and good street smarts. Nice win.

And the prize is one of the best ever. If Trump likes what he sees from Bill, he could have a 20 year career working or him at 250k per pop, nice!

I would have chosen the Golf Course/Real Estate Gig because that building construction will be plagued with issues, but the fact that he was offered two high profile gigs has given the show even more credence.

Great Show:emoji_thumbsup:

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
What I find really funny is how Trump snapped at George a few times, lol. This happened in the last few weeks. And Caroline doesn't seem to like him too much either. Poor George, I feel bad for him, lol.

aldamon

Second Unit
I would have picked the golf course. The pressure of working at home, of trying to complete a huge building on time in the severe weather in Chicago, of working with The Donald in HIS most recognizable element, may be too great. It has failure written all over it. Bill showed us he could manage a golf course in his final test. He should have gone to L.A..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Donald was on the Today Show this morning, and he cited Kwame's non-dealing with the Omarosa issue had a major contributing factor to picking Bill over Kwame.

I think we have a new word:

Kwame-tose (mananging while ignoring major bouts of employee incompetence)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

True, but don't you think Trump watched every second of video footage before making his decision? Given the prestige of the jobs he offered, I'm sure he did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Watching Troy treating Jessica Simpson's fans like cattle was pretty funny (especially when they cut to Heidi's reaction to it while it was happening).

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

The surprise is the fact that the winner got the car. By filming both of them the night before, they knew that whoever the winner ended up being would get a new car.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
I wonder how things could have turned if the tables were turned.

Say Kwame & Bill's teams were swapped. Would Bill have fired Omarosa? I think so.

Anyway, looking forward to the next Apprentice. The preview of the next Apprentice was lame (didn't really show any new faces) but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Troy and Sam back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks