What's new

The Amazing Race Season 16 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I would of probably U Turned them. I think the Models are morons, however, I have enough class not to talk about them within ear shot constantly for laughs, especially on television. I can understand them being pissed at the lesbians by that point.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought Fast Forwards were useful in the 1st 4 seasons, when they were in every leg except the final one. Always loved the aspect of teams deciding whether to use theirs or save it for later, to increase your chance to remain in the race.

To me, it's kind of pointless to just have only 1 per race. Either have them in every leg, or none at all.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David_Jr

Of course they were upset for being u-turned. I would have been furious if I was u-turned and that led to elimination. I don't blame them for being upset. I blame them for not playing nicer.
Exactly, David. Look at how they reacted when they saw they were U-turned. They immediately start calling the other team names (stupid, etc.) and mocking them through poor imitations. Steve used the word "class" a couple of posts ago. It is a word absent from that team's vocabulary.

OTOH, if it had been the Cowboys who had been U-turned...how do you suppose they would have reacted? A bit differently, I'm sure.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ken Chan

"Stronger" teams are not always ahead at every single point of the leg. Brent&Caite arrived before both Louie&Michael and Jet&Cord, and could have U-Turned either of them instead. That probably would have knocked Jet&Cord out; arguably a better choice.
Not a better choice, because I like the cowboys. The U-Turn should only be used to eliminate teams I dislike.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Exactly, David. Look at how they reacted when they saw they were U-turned. They immediately start calling the other team names (stupid, etc.) and mocking them through poor imitations. Steve used the word "class" a couple of posts ago. It is a word absent from that team's vocabulary.

OTOH, if it had been the Cowboys who had been U-turned...how do you suppose they would have reacted? A bit differently, I'm sure.
I have to believe they would have been more classy. They have faced their share of adversity and bad luck/mistakes without name calling and bickering. To the contrary they have acted with total class and fortitude and I think they gained strength from each other because they treated each other and the other teams well even when things were not going well for them. I realize that the show is edited to make teams appear a certain way, but you have to believe that if you see enough of a behavior from a team it is a trend, not an isolated incident. I know they can't show us everything.

Also Walter C I think the fast forward should either be made more meaningful or just done away with. The u-turn is definitely relevant. The teams respect/fear it because it has a definite affect on the race, not just one leg.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by David_Jr

Also Walter C I think the fast forward should either be made more meaningful or just done away with. The u-turn is definitely relevant. The teams respect/fear it because it has a definite affect on the race, not just one leg.
Yeah, I did like the Singapore Flyer one, which was actually a challenge. Not like the lame ass race car one in Dubai from TAR15, which was way too simple.

The closest I've seen Jet & Cord talk bad about another team, was early in the race, when they could not believe that Brandy & Carol did not even say "hey, how are you doing?" or something like that.

Well, I guess one of the spoilers was wrong, as it did say that Brandy & Carol would be in the final 3. We all know now, that is not the case.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The biggest flaw with the Fast Forward recently is that usually two teams cannot compete head-to-head to finish it. It's primarily a race to get to it first, and then anyone else has to wait. So there's even less reason to try.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Another episode where the Cowboys show why they are a great team: "Kickin' and screamin' wasn't gonna help me finish my puzzle."

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I really like the Cowboys too. I pick them to win the whole thing.

I really like the fact that they have won so many trips and vacations. Jet can take his wife and Cord can take his fiance.

Mike:

Just get yourself a nice Stetson straw.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The cowboys get the spirit of the game. They actually are a surprise too, as great American ambassadors. They always treat the locals well, shake hands, speak nicely, etc. I say this because week after week we keep having everyone else blow up on the locals, which has been an ongoing thing. It's good to see someone travel the world, take in the experience, and behave.
How can you not root for them? Win or lose, they've represented themselves better then anyone else I can remember playing the game, easily anyone since the hippy guys :)
I loved the "we sure as hell are taking someone else on those trips" :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The cowboys are definitely likable and very fun to watch. Other than that blunder with getting Brazilian money for Chile, they have ran a great race. Unless their next leg is extremely dreadful, I definitely see them in the final 3. Whether they will actually win it all or not, that's another story!

No surprise that this leg was non-elimination, and Phil would never say "sorry to tell you are out".

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Kudos for the Cowboy love.

Back to The Amazing Race Asia, I've watched most of those seasons, which thankfully are in English. I've also seen all the other versions, which have been harder to follow, given that they have followed the native languages in Israel, Brazil, and Latin America spinoffs.

Allan Wu is a decent host for TAR Asia and got better as the seasons progressed (Asia has run 3 seasons, 4th coming soon). He was also just announced as the host of The Amazing Race: China Rush, which is a China-specific spinoff.

What's interesting about that version is that there was an unofficial TAR-like show that ran a year or so ago called Shanghai Rush, which just took place in the city territories (1st episode via Youku). Oddly, it only featured ex-pats and was all in English. Well, the producers went ahead and licensed the TAR name, and now the 2nd season will be branded as an official TAR... running across all of China. They had a different host for the first season, but Wu gets the gig for the official TAR version. Personally, I thought it was cool to finally see TAR Asia get some love from the flagship; for the longest time, it's like they pretended other versions didn't exist. The spinoffs were often referencing the U.S. version, so it was nice to see that reciprocate.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Walter C

The cowboys are definitely likable and very fun to watch. Other than that blunder with getting Brazilian money for Chile, they have ran a great race.
After the money exchange scene I thought the Cowboys were going to be the first ones to go home!

I am going to try to download TAR Asia. It will make for some great TV viewing this summer.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So, now we're down to a finale of one team I really like, and two teams I despise. The way the brothers treated the locals (again) just makes me cringe.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Brent needing a bathroom break during the detour, just a reminder of what happened a few seasons back, when one team needed one so badly that it costed them the race. In the same country, no less.

A huge gamble for Dan & Jordan to wait for the detectives, which almost cost them, if not for the roadblock or the speed bump. But both of them making this far, is definitely a surprise, considering how in the early part of the race, they were in the back of the pack.

I did hate to see Michael & Louie gone! I was hoping they would make it to the final 3, and even win it all.

It should be fun seeing these teams trying to navigate in the final city (if you seen the preview, you can tell where).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks