What's new

The Amazing Race Season 16 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steven Wesley

That was probably the weakest Speed Bump ever.
Totally.

Anytime you get a guy with a small thing that can be thrown into another thing (a basketball and a hoop, a piece of trash and a wastebasket, a playing card and a hat, a coin and a weird statue)...you have a contest. That completely leveled the playing field for them to only choke on the "Pork Chop" challenge.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Anytime you get a guy with a small thing that can be thrown into another thing (a basketball and a hoop, a piece of trash and a wastebasket, a playing card and a hat, a coin and a weird statue)...you have a contest. That completely leveled the playing field for them to only choke on the "Pork Chop" challenge.
I thought it was not reading the clue correctly at the roadblock, that did the detectives in. There is that 10-minute wait if one did not count the gold statues correctly.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ugh.

I admit, I was a bit surprised because I thought

That you couldn't jump to first class, as a rule.. I thought they forked themselves there. Argh. My least favorite team from this season wins it ;(

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Well, that was a disappointing finish to the race--I really wish

the Cowboys, or even Brent and Caite

had won. All-in-all though, it was a good season, and I only hated one team. Speaking of that team, what a bunch of total bitches. I'll say it again: c u next tuesday!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought Catie handled herself pretty well against the rantings of that individual who is a prime example of a bad sport and a mean-spirited individual.

Disappointing outcome...but the cowboys have nothing to be ashamed about. They ran a classy race which emphasized good-natured manners and a high amount of good will.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I still don't see how that guy thought he could cut in front of the cowboys by just putting his bag bewtween the 2 other teams. I did think moving to 1st class was a good move, and they got a good cabby, and a good cabby is usually the difference. Once I figured they were gonna win, I had to go do something else since my girlfriend wouldn't let me fast forward. Meh.

I would of went nuts on that b!tch trying to talk sht to me at the end. Gawd, I f'n hate that team.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by mattCR

Ugh.

I admit, I was a bit surprised because I thought

That you couldn't jump to first class, as a rule.. I thought they forked themselves there. Argh. My least favorite team from this season wins it ;(

I was praying that at the end they would have gotton some sort of penalty and the cowboys would have slipped thru. What an ending that would have been. Maybe they were allowed because they didn't pay for it.

Also, for some reason, the final was the first time I realized or noticed that the cowboys were actually brothers. Was this brought out earlier? Even the caption was changed to "brothers/cowboys" . I just don't recall that.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Very disappointing!! Is there an echo in here? Sorry. Was hoping for a penalty for the first class thing, but alas, no. Then I was hoping that Cord would just push Dan/Jordan out of the way in the Star Wars challenge, but alas, no. Would have been perfectly appropriate considering the back pack drop. Must have been specifically prohibited I guess, but they didn't say anything about that. I don't recall Phil encouraging heated conversation at the final mat before. Caite handled herself well and shut the team lesbo duo up aye? Imagine her sticking to her rant that they should have u-turned the Cowboys! The cowboys didn't even win! Overall the Cowboys ran one of the better races I can remember, handling challenges and adversity without melting down or barking at each other once. Never saw them mistreat anyone else either and always had a positive attitude and pleasant disposition.

Congratulations Dan & Jordan, it could have only happened to one worse team. They got eliminated at the U-Turn. This isn't the first time the best team didn't win.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
As long as you paid economy fare, it is okay to sit in 1st class, as it is not against the rules. Teams have done that in past seasons.

Now, as far as moving up to 1st class during the flight, that is more of an issue with the airline than with the race. And the flight attendants should have not allowed that.

With Dan & Jordan getting out of the plane quickly while other teams struggling to even stand up from their seats, I knew they would win the race, as I thought their lead was quite insurmountable, that even the cowboys could not overcome. I have mixed feelings about them winning, as I did not mind them until the final 2 legs, as it was remarkable making it all the way, since I thought they would be gone by the 3rd leg. I am all for every-man-for-themselves, but budging in line was just uncalled for. And I wished the cowboys would have protested more.

You know, I wonder if we would ever see a penalty assessed at the final mat. And I had a feeling some drama would come out, when the camera kept focusing on Brandy not appualding (sp?) when Brent & Caite came to the mat.

Until The Amazing Race 17.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Walter C

Now, as far as moving up to 1st class during the flight, that is more of an issue with the airline than with the race. And the flight attendants should have not allowed that.

What do you mean they shouldn't have done that? Asking to be bumped (for free) to first class is something I ask all the time when I fly: and it works more often than not. When I get to the gate counter, I ask if the flight is full, if it's really empty, I ask if there's a chance I could get bumped (I don't make up any sob story or anything, I just ask very politely). Sometimes I am told to wait until I am on the plane, in which case I ask one of the flight attendants as I enter the plane--again, if the flight isn't full, I am almost always accomodated. Heck, on flights where they *are* overbooked, I sometimes volunteer to take a later flight if they will bump me to first class and put me up in the lounge during the delay; this too, is almost always done.

I not particularly a cheap-ass or anything, but I thought this was one of the standard "tricks and tips" of flying: always be very polite, and ask if you can get bumped up?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark_B

I was praying that at the end they would have gotton some sort of penalty and the cowboys would have slipped thru. What an ending that would have been. Maybe they were allowed because they didn't pay for it.

Also, for some reason, the final was the first time I realized or noticed that the cowboys were actually brothers. Was this brought out earlier? Even the caption was changed to "brothers/cowboys" . I just don't recall that.

Yep, the tickets purchased have to be in coach, but that doesn't mean you have to sit there. I don't think moving to first class made the difference in the race- the finish didn't seem to be that close.

It was mentioned throughout the race that the cowboys were brothers.

The lesbians are the worst losers ever. I can't imagine bringing that stuff up right after the race ends. I guess their purpose was to make me not quite as disappointed at who won.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

What do you mean they shouldn't have done that?

I meant, moving to first class while the plane is in the air, would not be permitted. I've known people who tried to pull a fast one, moving to an empty 1st class seat, because they did not like sitting next to a certain passenger, but was told to go back to coach when they got caught.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David_Jr
And I had a feeling some drama would come out, when the camera kept focusing on Brandy not appualding (sp?) when Brent & Caite came to the mat.

You have to wonder a few things about that.

Is it normal to have that kind of interaction at the finish line (and the audience just has never seen it before). Did Phil/producers provoke it? And, was it really necessary?

It really didn't add that much to the conclusion of the race...except validate for viewers that that team really did consist of bad people. I would have felt they'd think that wasn't necessary to the final chapter/outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks