What's new

The Amazing Race 12 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I think Christina is handling everything (and the old $&#*@&@) pretty well. He is an impossible old man (I'd prefer to use other words to describe him). He might be the one to have the breakdown. :rolleyes

The interviews with her make it sound like the whole reason she wanted to do this race with him was to try and get closer and repair some distance that's been between them. I'm not sure why people would think this kind of stressful/difficult contest would help that happen.

I couldn't believe her father went off on the kid (who's traveling with his grandfather) in the airport for being rude. I thought the kid seemed to handle it fairly graciously--all things considered.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yeah he is, he just kept blabbing on about things and at one point i'm fairly sure I heard him say something about boogers lol. He was very quick to relent when Christina called him out on his behaviour, though.

I'm still rooting for that team, though, simply because that poor girl has to be stuck with that man and I want her to get something out of it lol.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

...and I think the judge let Grandpa get the clue out of sympathy and the need for him to put his clothes back on ASAP. It was clear to me that he only had 1 foot on the opposite ground and one of his feet was in the water. Perhaps after X tries, the judges decide to show some leniancy and if they land on their feet, no matter where they are, to let them pass....

If ever there was a need for the censor box, that was it!!! And then they censor half of Survivor... the nerve!

Jay

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought it was a bit odd that Phil would shorten people's names, when saying their names on the mat.

I see Ronald & Christina being the next team eliminated. Parent/child teams haven't gotten very far since season 1.

Still have to wait and see, but the blondes are not as bad as I thought they would be, after finishing the Detour rather quickly.

Sad to see Kate & Pat go, but I felt like they didn't make an effort to go faster.

Jennifer & Nathan didn't annoy as much this time around, but I get a Will & Tara vibe out of them.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The ultimate LOL moment was when the "dating" "goths" (Like who believes they're really dating except maybe my grandmother who believed Liberace too. Oh and no real goth would be caught wearing pink.) Went to high five each other and smacked the others face. lol

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Good point, Jay. I mentioned in the Survivor thread that someone should start a petition to get CBS to stop pixellating Amanda's butt (there seems to be enough support across the nation!). But then they go and let Grandpa...um....er...well, you know. :laugh:

todd s

Senior HTF Member

"Christina. When you can take the pebble from my hand. Then you shall get your next clue."

;)

Jonesy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Geoff
My Comcraptic DVR only recorded 1 minute of this week's show. :frowning:
Is there any place where I can legally watch it online?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
You can watch it on Youtube. Hurry up before it gets deleted. :)

Ronald is a typical Asian dad, and I would know because I grew up with an Asian dad myself. So I can understand how Christina feels and what she is going through.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My wife was laughing like crazy at Grandpa "pole" vaulting, while I was simply grimacing at every leap.

My wife is Asian, and her father used to be a lot like that guy. It isn't a unique situation.

Pink + "Goth" = Poth!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I rubbed AJAX in my eyes trying to get rid of that image of Grandpa in his speedo. Oh, the humanity.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As a big fan of milk, drink it all the time, I have to say that I almost wanted to puke at the prospect of having to drink that warm straight-from-the-animal milk. :frowning: Where's the puke smiley when you really need it?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
How stupid was it for one of the sisters to help Lorena on the Roadblock, which ultimately led to their demise.

I wanted Lorena gone, but looks like she will stick around for a little while longer. I am getting a Flo vibe from her.

Ronald was a lot more tolerable this time, but who knows how long that will last.

I hate warm milk, and seeing that Roadblock just made me want to puke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks