The Amazing Race 12

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Walter C, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter

Actually, that would mean that I have a fear of them. But I don't hate seeing them as much as those NBC Bee Movie promos.

I'm surprised that all my teams are still in the HTF Challenge, this far in the race.

2. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

The thing is, they don't really need to be replaced. Travelocity get a big push whenever they get named as the provider of an end-of-leg prize. When you start sticking them in as part of a challenge, that is just intrusive and lowers the show.

Althoguh it's not as bad as the Family Edition which had the one instruction to "Find a certain BP station and get your clue from the guy called Bob". That was truly offensive product placement.

3. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Maybe for next season, the racers should have to dress like Ronald McDonald. Then we could get rid of those gnomes.

Or put the people in suits with logos all over them, like NASCAR drivers.

Or have every aspect of the game sponsored, like the NFL (a WalMart detour, a Pepsi fast forward, "You are Starbucks team #1!", etc.)

Seriously, I don't think much about product placement when I see the gnomes, since they aren't a very good plug- what do gnomes have to do with booking travel online?

4. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I wonder what the penalty would have been, for booking business class tickets?

I hated to see A&H get eliminated, who would have made it to finals if not for that oversight on the plane tickets. This would be one of those times that I wish non-eliminations legs was not done away with.

Ron & Chris - biggest surprise so far. I never thought they would make it this far, and finish first in a leg. Here's still hoping a family team wins the race, rather than a dating couple.

And good riddance to the Intersection. I never thought it really added anything, and thought it was much worse than bunching.

It will be a long wait until the next episode.

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

...and STILL no "non-elimination" leg of the race! [​IMG]

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Wait a minute...did I miss something? When did that happen?

7. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
  8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Wow. Thanks, Walter! [​IMG]

I guess the contestants didn't know that though...because at least two couples were hoping as they approached the mat that it might be a non-elimination round.

9. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I can't stand Jennifer!

Nate's a piece of garbage when the least little thing goes wrong and he's a great guy when things are going good, she's happy, she's sad, she's happy again, she's disappointed, she's freaking out...ugh.

I tell you when I start to feel down about being single I just think that I could end up with a girl like her and it brings me right back again lol.

10. mike caronia

mike caronia Second Unit

I hear ya! I'd rather be single than with someone like her.
    And she will be alone for a long time after this show is done.
    What a complete wacko.
    I feel bad for the guy, he should just leave her in the middle of some country and go get a beer at some point.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Is Jennifer the short blonde? My interest in TAR is gotten to the point where I don't make an extra effort to memorize all the contestants names, but some just stand out more and I catch some of the names.

12. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson

Yep, that's her.

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oh, well, yeah, she's a handful of nuts, for sho'

14. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

This is hysterical...my wife and son are completely with you guys...whereas I keep thinking he's the freak and she'd be fine (much better off) without him.

But, then, I'm the guy who also is liking Courtney's game in the current season of Survivor. There must be something wrong with me! [​IMG]

15. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

To me, TAR has jumped the shark and has become a weekly "let's see how many ways we can show contestants getting tickets at an airport/travel agent/ticket broker/etc." Far too much time is devoted to showing this aspect of travel. We get it. You can get to many cities by various air routes. Sometimes the first plane to take off isn't the first to land. Connections can be unpredictable. Sometimes ticket agents make mistakes. Use the fast forward on this aspect.

Please. Get back to featuring the scenery and the unique aspects and related challenges based on all of the fascinating countries that are being visited. I like the way that countries are being chosen that most contestants have never heard of (much less know how to pronounce!) I don't like the fact that we see much too much of airports and ticket counters. More scenery and local culture would be appreciated.

If things don't change then I suspect the string of Emmys for TAR are at an end.

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Robert: That is spot on.

We've all been saying the exact thing at our house. Way too much time is being spent on watching people wait in line...take the risk of leaving their place in line to go stand in a different line and then interact with ticket agents. [​IMG]

17. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It's always been that way, though, and it only really sucks up a big chunk of the episode in cases like Sunday's, where it has a major effect on the outcome of the show. Episodes where everyone winds up on the same flight tend to speed through this portion.

18. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

I'm surprised they get away with so much filming in airports the way security is these days... or maybe it's not much of an issue outside the USA.

Thanks to this week's Survivor finale, I already forgot we were in the middle of a race.

19. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Are you kidding me?!?! [​IMG]

After all this talk about NO non-elimination rounds, tonight was non-elimination #1 of 2?!?! Bummer. I wouldn't have minded seeing the "goths" go. I was really glad TK & Rachel overcame the flat tire.

Besides that...I absolutely cannot believe what the producers cooked up for the fast-forward for this episode! Truly amazing...which I guess is appropriate for the Amazing Race. Kudos to the guys for going through with it...I guess. That must have been a tough call. I was surprised that Don had a more difficult time with the decision than his grandson.

20. mike caronia

mike caronia Second Unit

I was kinda glad how that ended up. A total surprise.
    It was a tense episode the whole way through.

And I give those guys props for doing the FF, especially when it was such a shitty tat to have to get.
    I would have said put it on my ass!!