What's new

The Amazing Race 12 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
TAR12 will start on November 4th.

Looks like "the world is waiting" for us to "travel safe" sooner than expected. :D

I am worried that it may be too soon, because it may not get enough promotion, and dealing with the football overruns. I was hoping it would be held off until after the NFL season ended.

That said, I look forward to the Race #12, which should be a huge breath of fresh air after the embarrassment known as All-Stars.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Isn't AR like one of the most popular shows, reality or otherwise, in all of television? Doesn't it sweep the emmys that it is nominated for? I would think promotion isn't a major factor for this show :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not really; it's gotten third place showings in several timeslots, and is only still around because it had a successful summer run after being pulled from the regular season. And CBS didn't have quite enough faith to schedule it for two races initially.

It's got a dedicated fanbase and gets a steady audience, but it's not the sort of show networks make an attempt to avoid on their schedules.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad TAR is coming back so soon, but I hate that it's during football season because of the overruns as Walter pointed out. Guess this is one show I'll just have to watch live rather than the hassle of trying to DVR it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's mainly coming back at this late juncture in the fall because "Viva Laughlin" got canned very quickly.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Nina Tassler was insane for greenlighting "Viva Laughlin" in the first place. If it walks like a duck...and talks like a duck...

I am VERY happy TAR is back. It is one of my favorite shows.

I am disappointed that we'll have to deal with football overruns.

However, it had decent ratings last year (especially among the 18-49 set), and it had better numbers during the fall (after football) than it did in the spring.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Football overruns help out the ratings, so I don't totally mind them, although they are definitely a hassle.

Initially I was all about waiting until January--it'd be easier on my schedule, and it'd give the show more promotion. But reading this announcement totally hyped me up for the show again. I can't wait.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes, it has won every single Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program there has ever been -- five of them. But quality, Emmys, and ratings are three separate and mostly independent variables.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Plus winning Emmys hasn't gotten any of my friends to watch, except for TAR7 (only because they're Survivor fans).

I have been watching previous seasons to fill the void, and currently going through TAR6 for the first time.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
No alpha male teams this season! I believe that is a first for a season with new blood in the race.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 5 and 6 didn't have any alpha males either--like TAR12, they only had one male team, and in TAR5, it was a pair of overweight brothers and TAR6 had the famous nerdy "New York Jews in Iceland!"

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
You're right, Anthony. I forgotten about that, which is odd, because I am still going through TAR6 (which is a train wreck because of you know who). :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit, I am completely unaware of the goth scene. But somehow I never imagined bright pink as a colour goths would wear. And that awful name spelling - Kynt and Vyxsin - just comes across as terribly phony goth.

So this pair is undoubtedly the team I am going to hate this season.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
For anyone interested, there is an interview with the goth team over at
Aint it cool News.com
Best
Greg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The goth's look like they'll be the team to irritate me this year lol. I'll have to watch the premiere to pick my ponies, I can't choose from the bios, have to see them in action.

At least there's no Rob and Amber this time.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay so I was wrong, I like the goth's hehe. I also like TK and Rachel and the korean father and daughter, I like the father's spirit, the guy is 60 and he was singing as he was peddling a bike over the atlantic, you have to love that! :laugh:

I'm glad that team got eliminated, mostly because I didn't like the way they were treating their donkey, the donkey looked almost as if he wasn't moving just to spite them and that was hilarious I thought. :laugh:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Agreed, though the 10th place team (Jennifer and Nathan?) we're even worse to their donkey if I recall. Didn't Jennifer push kinda hard on its neck?

You would think that they would notice that all the other teams were talking nice to their donkey, and blasting past them. All the while those two teams shouted and acted like idiots.

I was rooting for the donkeys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks