What's new

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I knew you meant that both versions were included. I was referring only to your description of the longer version since the shorter version is probably the same as what's on the Koch disc. The Koch longer version is in 720P with the additional scenes up-rezzed to 720P combined with the better looking material from the 162 minute version down-rezzed to 720P all seamlessly edited together. The Koch version is the one to get.

It could be, but if availability is approaching zero that could be an issue. The Amazon.de Exclusive has been sold out for a few weeks now -- I don't think anyone knows if the Limited Exclusive Collectors Edition with be restocked or reprinted.
There is at least a bit of hope that since it sold well that a Std Edition could follow at some point, but that's pure speculation

The Koch Exclusive may be limited (can't find any confirmation) and is really only available in EU unless you can find someone 'local' to buy and ship it or grab one off Ebay.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I would have purchased the German version if I had been in a position to do so when it had been released.

I’m more interested in seeing it than owning it, so if any of our members might be willing to loan it out once they’ve given it a spin, PM me and perhaps we can work something out for a loan :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon only got a certain amount of discs, they won't get more I'm afraid. It IS a limited edition so the only way is to get it from the Koch shop (maybe let it ship to someone you know in Europe... https://shop.kochfilms.de/de/alamo
Then I just have to wait until somebody here in the States releases it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Right now, I really don't have a choice, do I?

Depends I guess. Ebay or potentially a new friend in Germany could pop up

I know there were some Ebay copies a few days ago, but not really seeing much now.

Also appears this listing is back up -- ain't cheap though and appears may be backordered. THis one order I made with Cede was fine though I do read of several folks that have had items cancelled.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Depends I guess. Ebay or potentially a new friend in Germany could pop up

I know there were some Ebay copies a few days ago, but not really seeing much now.

Also appears this listing is back up -- ain't cheap though and appears may be backordered. THis one order I made with Cede was fine though I do read of several folks that have had items cancelled.
One of the German based HTF members, perhaps?

Just a thought.

CHEERS! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I do have a source for the KOCH -- likely $50 to ship to the US. I still considering it figuring I could sell the Amazon Cover to someone for about what I paid

PM me if you decide to do it, I’d be interested in buying, either your Amazon copy or the other (no preference if disc content is the same).

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I still have a feeling Kino might get this at some point. They seem like the best to release this in the states.
I hope your right. I’ve been holding off watching it , in the hopes that the extended cut might get US release . I wouldn’t mind ordering the Koch release but at this point I’m not sure how to go about it.

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I still have a feeling Kino might get this at some point. They seem like the best to release this in the states.
Not that it means anything, but when I go to the Alamo page at Kochfilms.de linked above, the next title linked to it is a special edition of The Long Goodbye, which Kino has promised to release with an updated transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks