What's new

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Ok, guys. You got me - I ordered the BD from the Koch shop.
Originally I wanted to wait for a keep case, but on that it is unlikely that all the interesting bonus material is included and maybe even the longer version. Don’t wanna risk that.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I tried to order at Koch, but was unable to navigate the German language instructions.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I tried to order at Koch, but was unable to navigate the German language instructions.
If you use Chrome -- right click on any page and you can translate it or the browser has an autotranslate function

Unless you have a contact in EU it won't matter bc they don't ship outside the EU (even UK)

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Well, the UK is not part of the EU anymore. Very unfortunate.
I wrote 24 hours ago to Rarewaves in UK who ship to me from eBay or thru orders from Amazon Australia(who don't order for me from Amazon UK, weird) and had no reply about this title. I certainly want this German set but may have to try a source for the coming French set. Any clues always welcome. I live in Australia.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, the UK is not part of the EU anymore. Very unfortunate.

Am aware, but for a while UK will act act as they have for decades at least with some retailers.

Maybe I should go back and just say Europe instead of defaulting to EU which it took me over a decade to do consistently

Daniel_BB

Agent
Real Name
Daniel BARBIEUX
This movie wil be available next week (June 16th) at Amazon France. The package will include two version's of this movie. Also two tracks in English: English (DTS-HD 2.0) and English (DTS-HD 5.1).

Daniel_BB

Agent
Real Name
Daniel BARBIEUX
Amazon.fr has it unavailable and won't ship to me anyway these days.
It is available for preorder at Amazon France but only for the people who live in France, Belgium ...

1623492514058.png

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It is available for preorder at Amazon France but only for the people who live in France, Belgium ...
That's odd. I (in the UK) can order from Amazon US/France/Germany ect (& have), it was a bit mixed-up at the start of the year, but I believe it's all sorted itself out. Maybe it's because it's still a pre-order (if memory serves, I was only able to order The Alamo from Germany a couple of days before release).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Who currently is France not shipping to -- I could order it to the US (just testing). Nearly $20 for the shipping, but I could order it.

The early review of the French discs upstream was a bit confusing to me though. It certainly made it sound like the 2nd Disc wasn't the same as the Koch/Amaz.de version.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
It probably is. However, I generally don't watch more than one cut of a film once I receive it. So, the longer cut would be my choice.
I disagree. I like the longer version better. I first saw the Alamo during it’s initial run at the Loew’s theater in Jersey City. Saw it again during it’s late sixties revival ,and again on TV. Always the shorter version. When I first saw the roadshow version during the nineties it was a revelation . I think the longer version is better , but then again I’m a big fan of the film.
Nonetheless, I haven’t figured out how to get one of these European releases of the film. I don’t hold out a lot of hope for a US release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I disagree. I like the longer version better. I first saw the Alamo during it’s initial run at the Loew’s theater in Jersey City. Saw it again during it’s late sixties revival ,and again on TV. Always the shorter version. When I first saw the roadshow version during the nineties it was a revelation . I think the longer version is better , but then again I’m a big fan of the film.
Nonetheless, I haven’t figured out how to get one of these European releases of the film. I don’t hold out a lot of hope for a US release.
Didn't Ron say the longer cut would be his choice which is your version preference?

midvalleyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
The Alamo was shown again on local TV yesterday afternoon - short version but quite good quality.

There is a "Directors Cut" being sold here in Australia - enclosed pics are an interesting read.

Attachments

• alamo1.png
    alamo1.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 57
  • alamo2.png
    alamo2.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 58
  • alamo3.png
    alamo3.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 54

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Didn't Ron say the longer cut would be his choice which is your version preference?
Right! I really like the longer version , but would enjoy either one!
I was replying also to an earlier post which stated that many viewers feel the shorter version is the better film. That post seems to be gone now- maybe the poster removed it.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
OK I bit the bullet and entered a bid on eBay for this item. It was the first time in a long time since I did an eBay auction, maybe years. It started for me a couple of days ago at Euros 86 and then I got to Euros 254 at the last second and it went for Euros 255!!!! More than I wanted to pay but worth the try. This is about A$400 in my currency total with Euros 12 for postage and local taxes of 10% included. I had expected being offered a copy at the same price which has happened before when I have bid on items and missed. I got an instant email as such offering other John Wayne items and a DVD Looney Tunes boxset which I have had for years. No The Alamo!!! There were less than 40 bidders.

I must say I don't like these things as being unfair to the Collector who does view what he buys. In the last year or so I have got, from UK, Limited edition box sets such as Hammer boxes months after the were released at the normal prices less discount & delivery free. One wonders what quantity they actually had available at Koch in the first place. Not being able to order from them and Amazon.de not shipping to my country anymore was a bummer. It did not appear, to my knowledge, on Amazon Australia's Global Store.

OK Kino Lorber what about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks