What's new

The 13th Season of Gunsmoke due out on DVD on May 22, 2018…details following. (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Gunsmoke falls into that same category, and I hope someday soonish I will be able to look over and see all 39 cases lined up, and know that Dodge is readily available for a visit whenever I feel like it.

39 because the first go was a standalone, I take it?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
The later seasons released in Germany were not remastered from the original elements like what we are receiving in the US. Most appear to be based on earlier uncut masters that were then dubbed in German and used for syndication in Germany. While not bad, they can be a bit washed out at times. In other words, they are more in line with other non-studio type releases we get, a bit below the standard set by CBS and WB for most of their releases.

Thanks a lot Brad - that is really helpful to know.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
39 because the first go was a standalone, I take it?

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Although now that I see it in print, that is a boatload of cases. If CBS really does see it through to the end of the series, I think I am talking myself into at least combining seasons 2-5 into 6-disc cases, and seasons 16-20 likewise, since at 24 episodes a season, each half-season should be three discs each. Either way, it would be awesome to have the entire series some day.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Although now that I see it in print, that is a boatload of cases. If CBS really does see it through to the end of the series, I think I am talking myself into at least combining seasons 2-5 into 6-disc cases, and seasons 16-20 likewise, since at 24 episodes a season, each half-season should be three discs each. Either way, it would be awesome to have the entire series some day.

That's what I did with my early seasons. I used the volume 1 covers within six disk cases. I'm also taking my German PAL sets of seasons 14 through 20 and converting them to NTSC and slowing them down by 4% and storing them on 25G blu-ray blanks (10 episodes a disk). I should be able to store the last seven season in two 10 disk blu-ray cases. Then I'm done with Gunsmoke. I'm doing the same with the remaining seasons of Bonanza.

Last edited:

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
As has been said many times in the past by many, I have to take some credit for this announcement having just ordered the German season 13 release late last night, along with seasons 14 and 16 to complete my Gunsmoke collection (will now have 13 through 20 from Germany). I put in a cancellation for just season 13, but will see if it takes since it is already in pre-shipment status. I'm fine either way since they were only $13 US each shipped. I also already have Bonanza season 9 through 13 from Germany (not interested in season 14 with no Hoss). If CBS US continues I can always wait and pick them up later on sale. Otherwise, I'm good moving forward. I was a bit concerned before of the PAL speedup issue with a show and characters I know quite well, but I recently rectified that with my Hitchcock Hour PAL release, which lead me to go ahead and pickup these remaining seasons now.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Where will you get the cases to condense those volumes?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Sorry guys...no news re: Petticoat Junction. But both Gary O and Neil Brock have hinted that Beverly Hillbillies fans are likely to be happy campers. Whether that means a MOD release or normal pressed DVD release is anybody's guess at this early stage.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Where will you get the cases to condense those volumes?

After looking high and low in this country for clear 6-disc 14mm cases with no overlap, I finally found a company in Australia that sells them. The shipping cost was about as much as the cases, but three days later they arrived in the U.S., and it ended up being a little under $3 per case. Well worth it to get rid of all the crappy cases I've collected over the years.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
After looking high and low in this country for clear 6-disc 14mm cases with no overlap, I finally found a company in Australia that sells them. The shipping cost was about as much as the cases, but three days later they arrived in the U.S., and it ended up being a little under $3 per case. Well worth it to get rid of all the crappy cases I've collected over the years.

You bet! Anything to condense the footprint of all those volumes.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
What was the name of the company you bought those cases from?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
For some reason unable to place an order . Keeps asking me for shipping method with no way of entering the info. I was trying to order
10 -5 Clear DVD cases and 10 -6 Clear DVD cases . Amazing that no on in the US offers non overlapping clear multi DVD cases >

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
For some reason unable to place an order . Keeps asking me for shipping method with no way of entering the info.

Are you saying that you can't type in your address, among other things?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
For some reason unable to place an order . Keeps asking me for shipping method with no way of entering the info. I was trying to order
10 -5 Clear DVD cases and 10 -6 Clear DVD cases . Amazing that no on in the US offers non overlapping clear multi DVD cases >

What I remember is that they don't generally ship to the U.S. because the costs are prohibitive. I emailed and asked if they'd do me a deal, and since I bought 200 of the 6 disc cases, I guess it was worth their trouble. But as I mentioned it cost me as much to ship them as the cases themselves cost. I'd suggest email them and find out what they are willing to do. And don't forget the time difference. I might not hear back from them until 24 hours or more later since I emailed while they were sleeping and vice versa. But they were great to deal with, just don't quote me on their willingness to do the same for a small order. Since I could never find those cases anywhere else I was willing to stock up for life!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks