What's new

That 70s Show... Any word? (1 Viewer)

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I would guess music clearances...70's Rock music is in almost every episode

But then again the producers of the show also did Roseanne,Third rock from the sun,Cosby....and all of those are absent as well.....

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think it has to do with carsey warner or whatever not being completely into the whole TV on DVD thing yet...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'd also love to see this on DVD, music clearances is one the things I've been worried about here too.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Robert is right, Carsey/Werner doesn't have a home video distributor for their titles, although a number of companies have been trying to negotiate for the rights for over a year.

Gord

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Season 1 is coming in November! According to TheDigitalBits.com season 1 is due 11/26 (probably the wrong date since that is a Friday, but still...)

I know a lot of us have been waiting for this one. The first season, as I recall, included the Star Wars parody.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
As per Digital Bits, here are the extras...

That 70s Show: The Complete First Season is due on 11/26 (SRP $49.98) as a 4-disc set, including audio commentary on 8 episodes, featurettes, a trivia quiz, cast audition tapes, promos, a Cheap Trick music video and 2 Easter eggs.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm thinking they probably mean either 11/16 or 11/23 for the release date since 11/26 is a Friday and also part of Thanksgiving weekend.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
So I guess that means they found someone to put it out. This Is awesome. I can't wait to get this show. This must also mean that thwe other shows from their library will come as well.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'm sold. first, star wars trilogy, then strangers with candy season 3, now THIS? all by the end of the year, too!

CJ

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It might mean that, yes. This is their first title to be released.

Gord
P.S. I think Bill just hit 11/26 when he meant to hit 10/26

John*P

Second Unit
This is unbelievably awesome news!!! Carsey-Werner are sitcom legends, and I'm so excited to hear that they're finally starting to release region 1 DVD sets! I LOVE That '70s Show, and I salute Fox for licensing it. I can't wait to own this!

I only hope that Carsey-Werner start releasing other shows soon, like Roseanne, The Cosby Show, 3rd Rock from the Sun and Grounded for Life. Er, now I sound greedy :-P Sorry, I'm still in shock over the fact that '70s Show is finally being released! Whoo-hoo!!! :D :D :D

:emoji_thumbsup:That '70s Show:emoji_thumbsup:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well....Fox has taken the title off the Oct release list posted to their press site. What does this mean? I have no idea.

Gord

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I hope the date doesn't change, but I'm happy to hear this is coming out and hopefully this is just the beginning of releases for C/W shows, Cosby Show and Rosanne are 2 of the ones I really want but 3rd Rock from the Sun is up there as well.

I've only seen this show a couple of times, but I did find it funny and so I'd probably buy this when it hits, even though it would for all practical purposes be a blind buy, as the first episode I saw was from the most recent season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks