What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice work Cees, you can't guess it's The Blob just by looking at the picture, no sign of any monster. The only other giveaway is the words Planetaire and Planeten which gives it a sci-fi tone, and I think the The Blob was the only sci-fi film McQueen appeared in.
htf_imgcache_24699.jpeg

Ray I watched a fanedit of rogue 007 movie Never Say Never Again with the entire score replaced by music from the official Bonds. Not a bad effort, though a little distracting. I hated Michel Legrands subpar score for this movie.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
"Planeten Gevaar" is the sort of Dutch that gives away the origin of the poster: Belgium.

It's correct Dutch, formally, but no one would create such a title. Together with the French title, it's almost certain that it is Belgian, although the official Belgian title was different (something with "Blob" in it).

This is a cult movie, people!

Cees

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Looks like that Blob poster was made in the 70s though, cause McQueen looks old as hell in it, and the girl looks like she stepped out for a night on the disco floor.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
and I was thinking the whole time "McQueen never made a monster movie!"
I watched his Blob last OCtober. :S

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Cees Alons said:
Opinion?
Cees
My mistake, I watched it 2006. I knew I saw it during a HTF scary movie challenge! Here's my "review" and I use that term lightly. I watch so many movies, I can never remember the plots much, just if I liked them or not. :P
The Blob (1950's) 4/5 : This is my first time seeing this one, having only ever seen (and really liking) the remake. I really liked this one to, a friend of mine always slagged it, calling it Steve McQueens worst movie, but I'll be revisiting this one way before I watch "Never So Few" again.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Of course, the tagline "Belga Films presente" at the top gives the origin away as well. :P (As a coin collector, I am only too familiar with Belgian ideas on bilingualism, and with the money unit called the Belga.)
My grandfather passed away Tuesday, much to our surprise because at 94 he showed every sign of outliving us all. Not that he was in good shape : far from it, he appeared to have acquired the ancient curse of Tithonus. Come Monday he'll be buried in the veterans' cemetary here, one of the last survivors of Guadalcanal I suppose. He carried the wounds he got there the rest of his life, although for reasons of his own he refused the Purple Heart and would never have anything to do with the VA medical system.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell G said:
hey rick, I never heard of that show. Kier Dulla? Man, he fell from the 2001 heights huh? :P
Early 70s show, Harlan Ellison was the creator of it, but had his name taken off. The effects were all chroma key. Think, Land of the Lost, or Dr. Who, only not as good. The effects were done by Douglas Trumball, of all people! Yea, the guy who did the effects for 2001, Blade Runner, and Star Trek: TMP. This show sucked. They couldnt even build many sets. They used miniature sets, and chroma keyed the actors into it. Sure is quite the fall from 2001 isnt it? I met Dullea a few years ago, but i wish i could have talked to him some.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
DAC, my sympathies to you and your family. May we all get to live as long! I can only imagine the things he had seen in his life!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Could be Species... nah it's the T-X from Terminator 3, played by Kristanna Loken. If I had to be terminated I'd want that particular model of cyborg to do me. Btw not only is there a Terminator tv series they are starting up another trilogy of movies, Christian Bale is rumoured to be up for the role of John Connor.
And it looks like Guillermo Del Toro will be directing The Hobbit. Peter Jackson producing.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Another trio of Terminator movies? Probably a bad idea, lets face it T3 was pretty crappy. Is Cameron involved with any of this?
And DelTorro directing with JAckson producing? Why doesn't Jackson just do it? I do like DelTorro, but really, seems dumb too :P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah Peter Jackson should have taken the reins and finished the job, but I'd rather have Del Toro direct The Hobbit than some dull Harry Potter director. Sam Raimi was interested at one stage.
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Police in Myanmar have given DVD hawkers strict orders not to stock the new Rambo movie, which features the Vietnam War veteran taking on the former Burma's ruling military junta, a Yangon resident told Reuters on Friday.
Despite the prohibition, pirated copies of the movie are widely available on the streets of the former capital, where it is fast becoming a talking point among a population eager to shake off 45 years of military rule.
"People are going crazy with the quote 'Live for nothing, die for something'," one resident said, referring to the tagline of the fourth Rambo installment, which opened in the United States this week.
htf_imgcache_24780.jpeg

Even though it received lukewarm reviews, it is likely to be a sure-fire hit with opponents of the junta, with some even hoping it could spur a change of regime in the impoverished southeast Asian nation.
"This movie could fuel the sentiment of Myanmar people to invite American troops to help save them from the junta," one Yangon resident told Reuters by e-mail.
In the movie, John Rambo, played by Hollywood superstar Sylvester Stallone, comes out of retirement in Bangkok to save a group of Christian missionaries taken captive by troops in the jungles of eastern Myanmar.
As with previous Rambo films, it is short on plot and long on blood and guts -- although viewers appear to think it is all relative.
"Rambo acted very cruelly, but his cruelty is nothing compared to that of the military junta," a Myanmar student in Thailand, who did not wish to be named, told Reuters.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I posted that Rambo article in the Rambo review thread. Looks like it could be the most important movie of the year. Who'da thunk it eh?
My new home theater is built!
htf_imgcache_24802.jpeg

htf_imgcache_24803.jpeg

Dare to dream right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.