Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Themed home theaters are a great idea, check these out -
htf_imgcache_24853.jpeg

htf_imgcache_24854.jpeg

htf_imgcache_24855.jpeg

Star Wars, Star Trek and I love that last one, The Nautilus! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That Nautilus one is pretty amazing. Be even better if it had a gold colour submarine hatch you had to walk through to get in. Or if you had the hatch to lead into your library of DVDs and such.
Or maybe I'm the only one who thought it "cool" to have a submarine hatch for a door leading to their basement library of books and DVDs :S I know I'd splurge lotto money on such a thing.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
We haven't got room for an elaborate home theater Russ, sniff, unless I can build one out of our garden shed. It would only seat one unfortunately, a small telly and some tiny speakers, as for theme, I can only think of two for a home theater of such size, "elevator" or "lavatory". I'll start working on it at the weekend. :P
Star Trek themed home theaters seem to be popular, here's another one.
htf_imgcache_25026.jpeg

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Steve, maybe your mini-custom HT could be the zero gravity toilet from 2001?
I gotta wonder about those Star Trek themed ones. Don't you figure the type of person who would drop all the money for that is going to be the type who would also do stuff like saying "make it so" every time someone has a particular request for which DVD they want to watch? :laugh:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That second Trek one is really posh. What film is it based on.
The only thing I don't like about those home theaters are there are no couches. Who sets upright during a movie? I'm lying down and if I'm at someones house I usually end up on the floor if theres no couch to lie on. :P

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was talking home theaters goofball. :P
Obviously my OCD would prevent me from lying down at the cinema on the goopy floor of soda germs. That said, I do slouch like a mofo. XD Hell, I'm slouching now. My body postion when sitting is always one step from sleeping posture.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I'm with Russell. I would have to have a Captain's couch. I would also have to have the automatic doors. It would be cool to have a Captain's ready room which could serve as an office. Then have a door to a turbo lift that didn't actually go anywhere but would give you the light indicators that would make it look like you were going some place. The doors would then open to a hallway.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nice Parker! I was talking to a friend last night, and we came up with the best thing. you have your HTF in the basement, and on the side wall you have a blue call box like on Doctor who. When you go in, it actually opens into the room that you keep all your DVDS and such in, so that the inside is bigger then the outside. People always get mixed up with the size of basements, so it would totally work as an illusion. :P
I'm pretty sure I go to nerd hell for that idea. XD

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:D Time for a silly anecdote. A few years ago I went to a cinema with a friend, we were a bit late and the lights had already dimmed and the ads had started. Thinking the screening room was bigger than it really was we started walking towards the other end to find some seats and walked straight into a wall... it was dark, the walls were black and well, we didn't think the room would be that small...:laugh: luckily no one seemed to notice us crashing into the wall, red-faced (and flatnosed) we sat down in the first seats we could find.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Hmmm nice poster, but what film is it? :crazy:
htf_imgcache_25032.jpeg

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Star Trek IV. The Voyage home.
The Trek home theater seems to be based on the bridge of the Enterprise from TNG, but i never saw blue and black spotted, semi shag carpet on any Enterprise. Steve also posted one with a red hand rail, and thats classic Trek all the way.
I like the 20,000 phantoms under the sea look myself.
Haggai, Steve already has a kick "ass" toilet!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
20,000 phantoms under the sea Rick? I'd love to see that! ;)
Yep it was goofy with a message, Star Trek IV The Voyage Home, the only Trek movie to gross over $100m at the US boxoffice. Another 10-20 years and they'll start remaking all the old Trek movies, don't be surprised. A remake of the first Nightmare on Elm Street is planned, and Near Dark, why? That Hitcher remake was totally unnecessary and The Wicker Man, what was the point? They weren't even successful. A remake of Logan's Run would be great though. The 1976 movie is a guilty favorite but the novel is a classic, get Michael Bay to direct, Will Smith as Logan and Scarlett Johansssen as Jessica... :D
htf_imgcache_25053.jpeg

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Steve Christou said:
20,000 phantoms under the sea Rick? I'd love to see that! ;)
To paraphrase Bill Murray, I knew i shouldnt of drank all that Nyquil before i got online. But really, who knows what the hell i was thinking! Long week!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Kristy said:
The 1976 movie is a guilty favorite but the novel is a classic, get Michael Bay to direct, Will Smith as Logan and Scarlett Johansssen as Jessica... :D
You should be ashamed of yourself. :P
htf_imgcache_25145.jpeg

Class!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
aaah Jenny! Jenny Agutter, not wearing much, is one of the main reasons I still regularilily watch Logans Run. :)
I wonder if Rick was watching this film recently - :P
htf_imgcache_25146.jpeg

Hmmm I haven't got that one Russwell, have you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.