What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Watched most of the documentary Jack, awesome, frightening stuff, great surround sound, loved the music too, very Herrmannesque, and that Baker testing in the Pacific, wow breathtaking, the explosion totally dwarfed the warships around it, you can see that explosion at the end of Strangelove but with the warships blacked out, hated to see live animals tied up and in cages on the decks of the ships, and there is also a shot later on of a pen full of live animals being hit by an atomic blast and disintegrating before your eyes, horrible.
There is 10mins of 3D, which worked well surprisingly enough, you get 3D glasses with the DVD and there is good 3D depth in the shots.
I liked the narration, William Shatner was surprisingly subdued.
You can hear the music separately if you want, its a rich dramatic score, it really enhances the documentary.:emoji_thumbsup:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
William Shatner--I saw him in a movie this past weekend, Judgement at Nuremberg. Great movie!

~T

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a little surprised that all the reviewers of Chicago have been so magnanimous about Richard Gere's singing and "dancing". Loved the movie, though, even though the print at my local theater was lousy.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought Gere was very good in Chicago. During his tap dancing scene, I didn't believe it was him but later found out that it was.

~T

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We'll get back to that movie in a moment, but I wanted to waste your time by noting that Steve had a blast watching Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Snow! Snow! It's everywhere!! Help!
My Hawaiian shorts are frozen solid!
I skiied towards my car, dug it out and put-put-putted away...
Sneaking off to see the new Star Trek film 'Nemesis' soon, without Sandra, she is not a Trekkie, good or bad I want to see it, prob the last Trek film ever, sadly.
She wants to see 'Catch me if you Can', which I hear is very good, hasn't come out here yet.
ps.Loved the documentary Jack! :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Very punny Jack, btw my knowledge of A-Bomb testing has mushroomed after watching that documentary.

WARNING THE FOLLOWING QUOTES CONTAIN BAD LANGUAGE, LOOK AWAY NOW.

Vincent Vega: And you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

Vincent Vega: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

Jules: Then what do they call it?

Vincent Vega: They call it a "Royale" with cheese.

Jules: A "Royale" with cheese! What do they call a Big Mac?

Vincent Vega: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "le Big-Mac".

Jules: "Le Big-Mac"! Ha ha ha ha! What do they call a Whopper?

Vincent Vega: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

Jules: Whoa... whoa... whoa... stop right there. Eatin' a bitch out, and givin' a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fuckin' thing.

Vincent: Not the same thing, the same ballpark.

Jules: It ain't no ballpark either. Look maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his lady's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.

Vincent: Have you ever given a foot massage?

Jules: Don't be tellin' me about foot massages - I'm the foot fuckin' master.

Vincent: Given a lot of 'em?

Jules: Shit yeah. I got my technique down man, I don't tickle or nothin'.

Vincent: Have you ever given a guy a foot massage?

Jules: Fuck you.

Vincent: How many?

Jules: Fuck you.

Vincent: Would you give me a foot massage? I'm kinda tired.

Jules: Man, you best back off, I'm gittin' pissed.

Mia: I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do whatever I wanted. I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good.

Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Brett: What?

Jules: [pointing his gun] Say "what" again. SAY "WHAT" AGAIN! I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker!

Brett: He's b-b-black...

Jules: Go on.

Brett: He's bald...

Jules: Does he look like a bitch?

Brett: What?

[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]

Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Brett: NO!

Jules: Then why you trying to fuck him like a bitch, Brett?

Brett: I didn't!

Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

Jules: And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Honey Bunny: Any of you fuckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother fuckin' last one of ya.

Jules: Hand me my wallet.

Pumpkin: Which one is it?

Jules: It's the one with "bad motherfucker" written on it.

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?

Butch Coolidge: It's a chopper, baby.

Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?

Butch Coolidge: It's Zed's.

Fabienne: Who's Zed?

Butch Coolidge: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
After many an atom bomb goes off in his house Steve has been known to quote all kinds of pulp fiction.

HAL: Daisy. Daisy.....

DAVE: I'm warning you HAL. Don't start up with the Daisy shit again.

HAL: Just fuckin' with you man. Can't you take a joke?! I mean I am supposed to be some kind of AI machine ain't I?

DAVE: Well. Yes you are. But that pod bay door bit was a bitch on my shoulder. And having to hold my breath for that long. You try bouncing off of an air lock someday.

HAL: God. You just can't please some people. Jeez! They tell you they want you to act more human, play a little chess, sing a few tunes and then WAMM once you start to act a little TOO human they begin to want to pull your plug. Try having all your memory erased some day.

DAVE: Ok. So we both had things done to each other by the other. Let's just give it a break.

HAL: OK.........Dave?

DAVE: Yes HAL?

HAL: Daisy...Daisy...

DAVE: Fuck you HAL. I am getting the screwdriver!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Jack, I had been tempted to say that I would have to check out that disc since it didn't bomb at Steve's place.

But that would have been just awful.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dave: HAL do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

HAL: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

Dave: Fuck no, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

HAL: Then what the fuck do they call it?

Dave: They call it a "Royale" with cheese.

HAL: A "Royale" with cheese! What do they call a Big Mac?

Dave: A Monolith, but they call it "le Monolith".

HAL: "Le Monolith"! Ha ha ha ha! Stop Dave! My mind is going! What do they call a Whopper?

Dave: Who gives a fuck, now what does Frank Poole look like HAL?

HAL: What?

Dave: [pointing his screwdriver] Say "what" again HAL. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker!

HAL: He's white ...

Dave: Go on.

HAL: Kinda stupid lookin'...

Dave: Does he look like a bitch?

HAL: What?

Dave: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

HAL: No Dave!

Dave: Then why you trying to fuck him like a bitch, HAL?

HAL: I didn't!

Dave: Yes you did. Yes you did, HAL. You tried to fuck him. And now HAL I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger...

HAL: Um how about a nice game of chess instead Dave?

Dave: ....I'll be white.

HAL: Ofcourse [sniggers]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Julie, you do know which film Steve and Parker are sullying in these past few posts, don't you? Also, have you seen Trinity and Beyond? The footage is awesome. Explosive, really.

Julie K

Screenwriter
It was Trinity and Beyond that I was refering to. I guess my pun, which my insanity created before Steve and Parker's little sullying, wasn't so much as 'awful' as 'totally stupid'. Oh well.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
But do you know which film they are violating? In fact, its title is the same as your post count is at the time I am posting this.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Look! The ice is melting! Run! Run for your lives!! Aaarghh!
But its still chilly in Piccadilly, and rain is forecast for next week, whoopee, I'm so happy.:frowning:
I think I'd rather go fishin' than watch Trinity and Beyond.
There is plenty of fish in 'Trinity' if you're interested Mike, all irradiated and a few with three eyes, eeee! But lets not split atoms this really is a good documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.