What's new

Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh, I was sick yesterday and spent the afternoon in bed with PANDORA'S BOX. I'm now in love with Louis Brooks. That's all.

image.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well, I survived. I got discharged from the hospital today. I'm sure that open heart surgery is the most invasive surgery. Surgery was last Thursday and I was discharged only 5 days later. I had aortic valve replacement plus a single coronary bypass. It's shocking to see how much I've recovered already.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I survived. I got discharged from the hospital today. I'm sure that open heart surgery is the most invasive surgery. Surgery was last Thursday and I was discharged only 5 days later. I had aortic valve replacement plus a single coronary bypass. It's shocking to see how much I've recovered already.

The human body is an amazing thing.

But still...take it slow. What do you need to be in a rush for, anyway? :D

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
We haven't heard from Elizabeth since the volcano blew in Hawaii, or have we? I hope she's okay.

Thank you, I'm fine. I live on a different island from the volcano.

Saw "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" several weeks ago. I liked it, though the younger versions of the men sing about as well as the older versions. (Except for the Stellan character's younger self, who sang alright.)

I saw "MI: Fallout" and thought it was great. I really worry for Tom Cruise and his stunts, though!

I saw "The Spy Who Dumped Me" last weekend since Atom Tickets had the free deal. It was pretty fun, and it actually had pretty good action sequences.

Hmmm, I guess I didn't post in this thread since my Vegas trip. I came back about 2 weeks ago, though it feels much longer!! I went to see Dokken's free concert at Fremont Street (though I did see them September 2017). And watched my usual Vegas rock bands. It was probably about 110 degrees in the daytime, but bearable; maybe in the 80s at night. I'm getting to the point where I'd like to go 3 or 4 times a year for my music fix. (I am seeing Def Leppard here in October, but rock bands don't come here much. )

Dennis, glad to hear you are doing well!! Take it easy!!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Good to see you're safe Elizabeth. Watched it on the news, it looked scary.

Dennis, glad you're recovering well from heart surgery. I had a relative who went thru it twice in one year, he picked up an infection on the heart during first surgery and it was a miracle he survived the second a few months later. 80 years old.

I saw Mission Impossible 6 a couple of weeks ago, I think it's one of the best of the series. Really enjoyed it.

I also saw Ant-Man and the Wasp, good fun and no one dies which makes a refreshing change.

I was tempted to see The Meg but I think I'll wait for the blu-ray.

The Meg.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Lets see imbed video...I was hoping to get TAVR but the bypass required old-fashioned open heart surgery. The video has a great animated cartoon of the TAVR process though. Video dates from 2015 and already they use cow tissue valves rather than pig valves. My normally-replaced valve uses cow tissue too. Anyone a fan of Captain Beefheart?

Last edited:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Is that MEG poster real? It looks silly.

I'm learning how to edit my 4K and HD videos from my camera. I take lots of video of my bands when I go to Vegas. Working on a montage of songs now to post on Facebook/YouTube. It's actually quite fun, although it took me a while to find an editing program that was free and not tooooo complicated. Still learning the basics. I couldn't do this before on my older computer, but my new one has the specs to handle 4K. (Not that I have a 4K TV or monitor, but downgrading resolution from that still looks better than straight HD. Only recently started using the 4K function on the camera since my old computer couldn't even play it!)

Suddenly seeing the ads for "Papillon" on TV. I may go see Charlie Hunnam in that. I don't think I ever saw the original.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
But..but... Elizabeth... it stars Jason Statham, one of your favorites! Does it matter if the mega shark looks fake? :eek:
The Stath, Elizabeth. The Stath vs Prehistoric Beastie, what's not to like? :)

Forbes list of the world's best-paid male actors 2018
  1. George Clooney - $239m
  2. Dwayne Johnson - $119m
  3. Robert Downey Jr - $79m
  4. Chris Hemsworth - $64.5m
  5. Jackie Chan -$45.5m
  6. Will Smith - $42m
  7. Akshay Kumar -$40.5m
  8. Adam Sandler - $39.5m
  9. Chris Evans - $34m
  10. Salman Khan - $33.5m
Forbes list of the world's best-paid actresses 2018
  1. Scarlett Johansson - $40.5m
  2. Angelina Jolie - $28m
  3. Jennifer Aniston - $19.5m
  4. Jennifer Lawrence - $18m
  5. Reese Witherspoon - $16.5m
  6. Mila Kunis - $16m
  7. Julia Roberts - $13m
  8. Cate Blanchett - $12.5m
  9. Melissa McCarthy - $12m
  10. Gal Gadot - $10m

Look at all that money, they're never going to spend it in this lifetime. Theirs is a whole different world! [bursts into tears]
George Clooney's phenomenal earnings were "thanks in part to the sale of the tequila company he co-founded.".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.