What's new

Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yes Tom Cruise not being on there is strange Mike, didn't occur to me when I saw the list and I watched Tom recently in the 6th Mission Impossible movie. Must be just out of the top 10. I wonder how he feels seeing that list. Maybe he should talk to Marvel and see if there's a middle aged superhero available. He can still run pretty fast for a 56 year old. I couldn't catch up with him even if I was chased by a dog. ;)

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yao Ming and Bear Gryllis.jpg

At first glance I thought that was a special effect and the giant was added in later but no he really is that tall and the small guy is 6ft. :eek:

Adventurer Bear Grylls, 44, not exactly short himself at 6ft, looks tiny next to 7ft 6in basketball star Yao Ming, 37. Former Houston Rockets ace and NBA all-star Yao appeared on Bear’s US show Running Wild.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It seems so outlandish that Tom wouldn't have made more than some of those other guys. I think I've read that he gets a huge percentage of the gross of any film he's in.

And Yao is definitely looking more than a foot-and-a-half taller than Bear in that pic! Looks more like 2+ feet!

What can we believe on the internet these days?!? :laugh:

285p3g.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah Yao does look ridiculously big in that picture. :D

Flat Earth believers do exist, they actually believe the Earth is flat, not round. No one's ever been in space. It's all lies. Conspiracy theorists are everywhere, especially on youtube where they create elaborate videos to win over the gullible. Trust No One is their mantra. The Twin Towers are still standing. No one went to the Moon. The death toll during WWII was vastly exagerrated and only a handful of people were accidentally killed. Leaving the EU will destroy Britain. :rolleyes:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
But..but... Elizabeth... it stars Jason Statham, one of your favorites! Does it matter if the mega shark looks fake? :eek:

Haha, this one will likely wait for home theater viewing. Or maybe this coming weekend. ;) Feels like a long time since I've seen Statham, though "The Fate of the Furious" was only last year.

On a related note, last I checked, I owned more blu-rays with Jason than any other actor.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey everybody! how about those movies?!?!?! So many of them, can you believe they still are making them? So many movies!

Edmonton hosted the flat earth conference this year. I had no idea until it was on, I would have went. Watching crazy poeple sounds like a good timeout from all the movies, eh? No? Hey?

I can't think of the last Statham film I watched. PARKER? Could that have been it? Good lord. I miss my Statham!

most of my free time has been movie adjacent. I bought a NAS to host a PLEX server, and I'm slowly transfering the 100's of terabytes of movie files that Steef and I pando'd over the internet. It takes a lot of time, but is SO PRETTY! Be nice to have everything in one place instead of scattered among hard drives. Other than that I'm clearing old movies I DVR'd off of TCM so I can replace by cable box with a faster one, and ping ponging between that Criterion Dietrich/von Sternberg set and a Complete Sartana spaghetti western set that Arrow put out.

all this means I can't be arsed to go to a movie :(

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ, there was another actor Elizabeth was going nuts over, forgot his name, I remember he seemed to frown a lot, ummm...

There are so many blu-ray labels out here in the UK specializing in older movies and filled with extras. Criterion has joined in the fun too. It's heaven for british movie buffs, but they don't come cheap. Night of the Demon (1958) is on preorder, a big favorite of mine and the upcoming restored blu-ray, featuring 4 versions of the film, is packed to the gills with extras, a steal at £21.99.

Sofia Boutella.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was just discussing that other actor and I'm still completely blanked on his name. So upsetting this is, I refuse to check IMDB despite doing impersonations!

I have that Night of the Demon on pre-order too. Going to be a real chunk of Canada pennies, but I love the movie.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Interesting short article on Marcel Dalio, the actor who was the croupier in Casablanca.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/08/the-long-and-winding-career-of-marcel-dalio.php

Dalio was, in fact, a French Jew. He was born Israel Moshe Blauschild. His path from France to Hollywood was the stuff of “Casablanca.” He and his wife fled Paris for Lisbon ahead of the Germans. After several months they finally received visas for Chile. The visas turned out to be forgeries and they were detained in Mexico, where their ship had docked. Eventually they obtained Canadian passports and made it to the U.S.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis, there's been a lot of flak over the new Neil Armstrong movie First Man, the director decided not to include the bit where Armstrong plants the American flag on the moon, probably because it might offend countries and people that don't like America! Unbelievable. They deserve all the criticism they get, one guy tweeted that 'it wasn't a UN mission to the Moon', there was a space race with Russia at the time and America got there first, that should not be glossed over for political correctness. Idiots.

Look at the CG graphics on this new Spider-Man game, damn they're mpressive.

In my time all we had was Space Invaders and Pac-Man

PlasticGenuineFawn-small.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Was Burt cast in the new Tarantino film? Can't remember. Russ would know.

My understanding is every working actor is currently cast in the new Tarantino film? I checked out on following it's production with the name announcement of "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood". That's all I need to know. I'm in.

I think Burt Reynolds might be the first STAR I was aware of. I have a soft spot for not his best film, but the one I remember seeing first and thinking he was super cool in. HOOPER. I swore this film was one of the greatest until I forced friend to watch it about ten years old and big boy me was not as impressed as little boy me. That said, my brain still pings this one first when I think of Reynolds.

um-kopf-und-kragen.jpg

(His best film would be Boogie Nights, followed by Deliverance.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.