What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
28,000 posts is impressive, how many other threads on the internet reach that milestone? :3dglasses:

Btw I love that 3D smiley. :3dglasses:

Redundancy pay is usually from the government, but in some instances the employer may have to cough up the cash if its in the original job contract.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Being made redundant sounds more personal then being "fired" despite the same meaning.

Page 1400 to, wow, the little testy that could!

This thread reminds me, I still have to watch that Katy Perry movie. :banana:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
Mike, was it "Death Takes A Holiday"?If so, Peter directed that with Blythe, Chris and Callista Flockheart...
I just ran that info by my wife to see how good her memory was...and it (as usual) is much better than my own.

I mislead you, Moe...not intentionally certainly. When we saw Blythe Danner perform at Williamstown we DID see Christopher Reeve...but we just saw him outside the theater--hanging out.

So if you know what Danner play it was in which Christopher Reeve was just lolly-gagging outside the theater of one night...I might be able to put a name to the play. :biggrin: Sorry!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
LOL, that's great. yeah those guys were big fixtures at the festival so no way to really narrow it down I suppose - though I hope you had a good time!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
RickER said:

I am trying to take it easy. I watched the Blu-ray of Futureworld last night. I have no idea why i like that movie, but i do! I did have a thing for Blyth Danner (sp?) when i was a kid. She isnt even "hot", but i loved her. The music for that movie was reused on The Man From Atlantis, if anyone remembers that! LOL

I like Futureworld as much as I liked Westworld. I also remember The Man From Atlantis. Lots of Aquaman/Submariner vibes. First thing I saw Patrick Duffy in.

Redundancy. Hmm.... Isnt't that being redundant to call being sacked redundant? With pay is a nice option though.

What does MP stand for? In the States it stands for Military Police. Why do the call the Prime Minister an MP instead of PM?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Parker, here in Britain an MP is a Member of Parliament, the Prime Minister is an MP and PM too.

"I've been made redundant" is the usual phrase here. You can't use it in the context of "Are you working?", "No, I'm redundant". (unless you're feeling really depressed) :)

You could say - "No I'm out of work at the moment", or "I'm between jobs", or "I'm looking for work", or "bugger off I've a Thatcher death party to go to and I'm late".or "All your Base are redundant"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And the MPs vote not by "roll call" or "voice vote" but by "division". The two exit doors from Commons are labeled YES and NO and you vote by walking through the appropriate door. Both doors lead to the bar where the members order a stiff drink after voting.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dennis Nicholls said:
And the MPs vote not by "roll call" or "voice vote" but by "division". The two exit doors from Commons are labeled YES and NO and you vote by walking through the appropriate door. Both doors lead to the bar where the members order a stiff drink after voting.
Now THAT'S being civilized! :thumbsup:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
It's also where the term "whips" came from. To enforce party loyalty, the whips would stand by the "wrong" door. If a member of their party was going to walk through the "wrong" door, the whip would push him through the "right" door.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
1bb5829228e9ae249ade43e7501af927_zpsf206e6fa.jpg

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Love the history lesson. I thought it was cool to find out the term lobbyist came fromthe name given the guys that hung out in the lobby of the hotel they would stay atwhile waiting to talk to the President. I think they should continue the practice todayand the hotel should be in Washington State.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
And remember that what they call a torch is just a flashlight so they wont burn the house down when they take one up into the attic. :P

I never saw Furtureworld, but it and Westworld were both on sale so I ordered them up. Shout/Scream Factory are getting a lot of my money this year with their genre releases. A bunch of their Roger Corman and horror release were in the 2/$39 2/$20 bons this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.