What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Saw A Princess of Mars on a free ticket, & scored another free ticket from a survey-taker on my way out. A total narrative mess, & the definition of a loose adaptation, but quite entertaining.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/319721/ive-got-a-new-dog

========================================

I Want a New Drug - Huey Lewis and the News

I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick
I want a new drug
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red
One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you
I want a new drug
One that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill
I want a new drug
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day
Wonderin' what to do
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you baby
I want a new drug
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good
I want a new drug
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out
Wonderin' what to do
When I'm alone with you
All alone with you
All alone with you, yea, yea

=========================================

I Want a New Duck - Weird Al Yankovic

I want a new duck
One that won't try to bite
One that won't chew a hole in my socks
One that won't quack all night
I want a new duck
One with big webbed feet
One that knows how to wash my car
And keep his room real neat
One that won't raid the ice box
One that'll stay in shape
One that's never gonna try to migrate or escape
Or I'll tie him up with duck tape
I want a new duck
A mallard I think
One that won't make a mess of my house
Or build a nest in the bathroom sink
I want a new duck
One that won't steal my beer
One that won't stick his bill in my mail
One that knows the duck stops here
One that won't drive me crazy waddling all around
One who'll teach me how to swim and help me not to drown
And show me how to get down
How to get down baby
Get it?
I want a new duck
Not a swan or a goose
Just a drake I can dress real cute
Think I'm gonna name him Bruce
I want a new duck
Not a quail or an owl
One that won't molt to much
One that won't smell too fowl
One that won't beg for breadcrumbs
Hangin' around all day
He'd better mind his manners
Better do just what I say
Or he's gonna be duck patte, duck patte, yah, yah

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Now only five more and you have caught up to me and my wife.
Granted, your two are probably equal to 4 or five of ours.
:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This new fella is a big boy...

dd730397_MosesLayingByFrontDoor.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Our two dachshunds, two Pomeranians and three Dachs/Pom combos are pretty small.
The seven of them probably weigh about 60 pounds at most.
A bit of a rough time for one of them.
Our 15 year old Pom G. G. Needed to have her left eye removed because it developed melting cornea and wasn't going to heal. It apparently is very painful so the need for removal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah. Moses has them beat...by a lot! I don;t know exactly how much...but we'll be getting him to the vet soon for a weigh-in and check-up.

Tough news about your pom, Tony. 15 years?!? Wow. I know little dogs general live longer than bigger dogs...but that's impressive.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Our experience for Poms at least has been long life.
Five years ago my friend died at 18 years old.
He was pretty amazing. When he was 16 and nearly blind and probably deaf he got out of our yard and was lost
In the neighborhood for five cold and rainy days at the end of December.
Luckily the hundreds of flyers we posted everywhere helped when some one found him walking down a street.
I can't even imagine how he lasted and what he was doing for those we five days.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I watched the US version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
I didnt really care for it.
Oh, the mystery kept me guessing. But the movie seemed overly long. Once the mystery was solved i was ready for the thing to end, but it went on another 30 minutes!
Easily the worst Fincher movie, for me anyway. Not that the movie was "BAD", it just wasnt my thing. If it was an hour shorter i might have enjoyed it.
I am still gonna watch the Swedish one.
Congrats on the new dog Mike. Cute.
I bet he sheds his weight in hair! My wife has a Yorkie. That dog and i have an understanding. I leave her alone, she leaves me alone...mostly! She still barks at me if i get up to get a drink, or move from one room to another. Any movement needs to be checked with her before hand.
Hope you are feeling better too, Mike.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I've always thought it would be fun to have a Standard Dachshund. My sister remarks that she saw a Standard Poodle / Irish Wolfhound cross the other day, which seemed like the epitome of the Large Dog.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
ugh more dog pictures... I mean woohoo Mike's got a new dog, yay! ;) Nice looking dog Mike, better than those little rat dogs celebrities carry around with them.

Any pussy pictures? No one here has a cat? I am disappointed.

Caught the new trailer to Total Recall remake, looking good, Kate Beckinsale vs Colin Farrell, no getting your arse to Mars though, its all Earthbound. Mars has been box office kryptonite since the Mission to Mars and Red Planet disasters of 2000.

I finally saw Finchers Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, not bad, a good effort, but I prefer the original. Probably because I saw it first. And I like Noomi Rapace better. She's on the cover of the new Empire Magazine, she plays the Ripley role in Ridley Scott's Prometheus. Ridley insisted she do the last scene in her skimpies as a tribute to the first Alien film... :)

bce5f74c_Empiremag.jpeg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Watched My Week with Marilyn on Blu last night. I actually don't think I've seen a Marilyn Monroe film (I do have "Some Like it Hot") but of course know her iconic image. I thought Michelle Williams was wonderful in the film, showing such vulnerability and tenderness. I thought the film could have been more "meaty" but it is focused on a pretty limited time of her life.
Considering going to see Jeff, Who Lives at Home today.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm curious for the Marilyn film. I think the only Monroe film I've seen is Niagara. The one with Robert Mitchum. It was good!

Saw Lockout last night. The one with Guy Pierce as Snake Pliskin sent to a prison satellite to save the presidents daughter. It's not a documentary, it's a sci fi film that takes place in the future. Anyways, it was NOT good! I know I know, it should be good, but it's not. It's boring. And cheap in a bad way, not a charming one. It reminded me of a shit knock off Canon film from the 80's that went straight to cable, only without the nudity. It just plods along with most of the action being of the Guy Pierce getting the piss beat out of him variety. You know you're in trouble when the most annoying guy from The Misfits (good show) is the most interesting guy in the film. 2/5

Off to see Cabin In The Woods tonight if I can get there in time. Been lucking out with screening passes this week. :)

e13a0ac9_lockout2.jpeg

smoking is his signature character trait. Nuff said.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I saw My Week With Marilyn, it was okay I enjoyed it. Though I would never have pictured Michelle Williams as Monroesque she was good.

I'm surprised Elizabeth has never seen a Monroe movie and Russ has only seen Niagara!! You both missed Some Like it Hot [gasps] one of the best comedies ever made. I wrote an entire hub on the film with about 50 photos.

Sorry to hear about Lockout not being good Russ, I had hopes for that one.

Cabin in the Woods has been getting good notices, let us know what you thought of it.

I might go and see Battleship tomorrow, it premiered yesterday in London. It looks spectacular and refreshingly its not in 3D so it should look bright and shiny. It'll be the second film I've seen this year at the cinema starring Taylor Kitsch, this time with a short haircut and his shirt on.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Steve Christou /t/81187/testy-area-51/28230#post_3915927

I'm surprised Elizabeth has never seen a Monroe movie and Russ has only seen Niagara!! You both missed Some Like it Hot [gasps] one of the best comedies ever made. I wrote an entire hub on the film with about 50 photos.
I actually got the title wrong it was River Of No Return I was thinking of. Only saw it because it was filmed down in Banff. My dad remembers the filming as a kid, they were on holiday and the film crew nearly ran them off the mountain. He didn't see Marilyn or Mitchum though. :)

I think I own Niagara, it was part of the fox noir DVD series. I'm sure I've seen it. And I saw here in Asphalt Jungle, though that's not really a Monroe film. It's wicked awesome though, one of my faves. :)

27b1d2da_asphalt_jungle_ver2.jpeg

Honestly, it's not really a Monroe vehicle, she's barely in it! She ie more then memorable though... grrrrrrOOOOOWWWWWL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.