What's new

Test/Setup Discs (1 Viewer)

PrinzII

Agent
I am intereszted in knowing where you get the professional test/setup discs you use to set up your HT systems. I want to get one for when I purchase my new DVD player so I can make sure I have everything set up properly.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
There is a Sound & Vision HT setup disc, which they say is better for newbies. Then there's the DVE (Digital Video Essentials) disc, which is more for the intermediate user. These two are the cheaper ones. Then there's the Avia disc, which is for the experienced user. You can get the S&V disc thru their site (I think) at www.soundandvisionmag.com
On the main page, at bottom left, there's a link to the disc.
I think www.amazon.com has the DVE disc.
Not sure about the Avia.
Good luck!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Avia and DVE are very comparable. Avia is not for "advanced" users. It's oriented towards beginners and average users, but it, like DVE, also contains test patterns that can be used by advanced users as well.

Avia Pro, on the other hand is several hundred dollars, several DVDs, and is geared towards the Professional world. You want the regular Avia, or DVE most likely.

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
are there any free downloadable test disks that you can burn to test?

anything anyone has put together?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Vince,
Do you think Avia or DVE would work better for a lcd projector?

I have S&V but it is really only good for audio setup.

thanks,

chad

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
no, however, if you have a computer, there are monitor setup programs/tests that can be used in conjunction with a test disc to assist in your setup.

RyanBoyce

Auditioning
I have just posted a similar question in the forum. My components are a Samsung HTSK5 and A Toshiba HDX 52" projection TV. What should I expct to gain from using this CD?

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks