What's new

Terminator game sounds promising... (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Edge have a nice article on the new Terminator game, according to the article the game: "Combines the graphical quality and action of Devil May Cry with Red Faction-style destructible environments, meaningful story elements, and a killer licence."
Sounds like Brian and the folks at Paradigm might have a winner on their hands...just keep that frame rate smooth :)
http://www.gamesradar.com/previews/g...eview_262.html

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yes... I'm not /completely/ happy with the articles (all of which are based on a NextGeneration article) as the person interviewing focused on the wrong technology & we don't really like the comparision to Red Faction. The game has come on a long way since those screenshots were taken too - lots of nice special effects, with more to come.

We got a lot to do.

[edited: shouldn't talk for other people!]

Ike

Screenwriter
Brian,

If you said it was closest to one game, what game would that be? Or if it's a hybrid, what combo? I know it's tough to pigenhole it like that, but it'd give some indication as far as what to expect. Is it a story driven game? Do you complete goals to get cinematics, I guess I'm asking, to piece the story together, ala Halo?

I think a game based on Terminator could seriously kick ass.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I have an independent UK PS2 mag around somewhere with a nice little article on this, some promising screenshots, so add me to the list who are looking forward to this.

Got to ask though, Brian, will themes of Brad Fidel's score be retained?

Dan (UK)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I can't really comment on anything specific, that's what our PR/marketing depts are for, sorry guys.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Brian-

A few questions:

1) How long do you think the total development for the game will be?

2) Have you played a build of the game? If so, do you think its coming along swell?

Ike

Screenwriter
How old are the screenshots from that exact article? Are you saying the games advanced since then? Gamespot has screens from August. Are those the newest ones available?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
There is a preview over at IGN for Terminator, and it will be for both PS2 & XBOX. :)
Link Removed
-Dave

Ike

Screenwriter
The guy that interviewed didn't really sell me on the game. I mean, read this question, and look how he evades it:
What really matters is how we can make Terminator: Dawn of Fate the best console action game out there. We put the same amount of effort and energy into making the best possible games for all next-generation platforms. We anticipate both versions to feature amazing gameplay and graphics, and to perform exceptionally well.
That's not what really matters. He asked what the differences were, and he basically led me to believe there will be none.
Brian, I think you'd be better off speaking for the game for yourself.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would expect any differences to be purely technical. I hope they don't do stuff like add in special modes or weapons, but I would hope the X-Box version, as GameSpot would put it, takes advantage of the superior hardware and has better performance.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Brian, speaking strictly from a developer's POV, how has your experience been with developing for the XBox vs. the PS2? I guess I can understand if you can't answer that, but I have seen developers on other forums talk a lot about their opinions/experiences in this matter, so hopefull you can. :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I thought I'd drag this old thread up rather than start a new one, but I think its worth mentioning that the ever readable Edge has not only got XBox version screenshots in E107, but confirms that its getting what could be the ultimate accolade - publishing by the newly returned Atari!

I really like how Infogrames have decided to use the Atari brand to mean 'brand new AAA-list title' rather than 'rehashed old remake of an Atari classic with fancy new graphics and trashed gameplay' like Hasbro did. Paradigm will be joining Stuntman (possibly the game to sell me a PS2 if it lives up to its promise) and the next Unreal games (Unreal 2 looks to stand a better chance than even Doom3 of standing up to all the 'Halo is the Don' hype), among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks