What's new
World Wide Stereo

Tempest with an Adire Alignment Question.. (1 Viewer)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at the drawing for this alignment and just want to make sure on a couple of things.

First, the left side for the ports and the right side for the sub? Does this make any difference on this part? Could the ports go in the front with the driver to the rear?

Secondly, the ports..The specs mention 11 inch tubes. I take it this is measured from end of flare to end of flare? Or does that mean the tubes themselves without the flares?

Dumb questions I'm sure but enquiring minds would like to know. :)

I'm making sawdust right now, and everything is here but the amp. It should make it by mid week.

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I have the same design. I dont know what you are trying to ask about the sides of the ports to the woofer.

But the port thing is saying that the center tube would be cut to 11". If you use the ports from adire or any similar ports you get two flared ends and a 12" long center tube. Just cut off an inch on the center tube.

Good luck!

:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Jonny K

Second Unit
Well, the simple answer is to build it according to the plan. :) Both the ports need to be on the same side because of how the inner braces work. The actual driver takes a nice chunk of space in the box, so the braces are made to fit around it. Now regarding your question about putting the ports on the right, or at the back, or wherever, you're refering to where they are on the bottom panel of the sub, right? Well there is no difference really, since you can simply rotate the box and there - the ports that were on the right side of the sub are now in front. Or did I mis-understand your question?

Regarding the length of the ports, I think that measurement is for the center tubes. In fact, here's a quote from the plan:

"It is vented with a pair of FP3 three inch flared port kits, with 11” long center tubes."

Good luck with the sub.

Jonny K. :)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your replies. :)

OK that clears up the port length question...

My reason for asking about the ports on the front of the enclosure, left, right, etc ect...is because I'm mounting a plate amp to the back. So after it's built, I'm not going to be able to turn it one way or another. Jonny K kinda cleared that up also. Since it's downward facing, it really doesn't matter.

All parts are cut, and biscuit slots cut. I'll start gluing up later this afternoon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks