What's new

Team America 04/05/05... (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"...F*** yeah!"

(I didn't want to post that in the title and possibly violate forum rules :b )

The Digital Bits reported it this morning, single disc no details yet.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Spoiler for those that haven't seen it/listened to the soundtrack:
I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school, He was terrible in that film. / I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part, He's way better then Ben Affleck.
:D
It'll be mine on release day.
F--- YEAH!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
"Now suck my c*%#"

I'll be buying this on release day, it was the most I laughed in the theatre this year.

You mean the rumoured more explicit scene that didn't make it? The scene was pretty damn funny as it is.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
That is not a rumor. I saw the episode of The Tonight Show where Trey Parker and Matt Stone were guests discussing the idiocy of the MPAA and having to cut the puppet sex scene at the 11th hour before locking edit.

Guys,

From my understanding, it is strictly the theatrical version of the film with a special unrated version later in year. In the deleted scenes, they will NOT show the extended puppet scene. They are saving that for unrated edition. Booooo!!!!

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't mind the double dip on this one, because I'm one of the 14 people who saw the movie in theaters this year. This will probably be triple and quadruple-dipped more times than an Anchor Bay Halloween disc.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I will also double dip...but man, where is my South Park Special Edition? And now I have to wait for a TA SP edition...phooey.

Ah well, this movie is mine.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Ifilm has a clip of the sex scene. It's not as impressive as had been rumored earlier, but perhaps there is more that isn't in this clip either.

The Guardian UK has an interesting article about TA and Parker:

South Park co-creator Matt Stone has vowed not to make another picture with partner Trey Parker after collaborating on the Hollywood picture Team America: World Police.

The pair previously teamed up on South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, the 1999 big screen version of their hit television series.

However the 33-year-old Stone has pledged to stay away from making any further pictures with puppets or Parker after describing Team America, which opens here in January, as the lowest point in his life.

Whether Stone and Parker will ever work together again in Hollywood is a moot point however, bearing in mind that they pledged to part ways after the South Park picture, which came out in 1999 and went on to make $52m (£26.9m) in the US and $83m (£43m) worldwide.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Every "Friday the 13th" fan knows that there's no way that Paramount is gonna release an unrated DVD.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
The funnier thing about the MPAA's process is that they submitted the scene 10 times...

I'd gladly double-dip, as well.

Never knew that about Stone and Parker. Wonder what that means for the TV show?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, they may put out multiple versions...but that will be just fine by me, and it definitely won't stop me from buying the first version.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Eh, I think all that crap about Stone and Parker not working together again is just another joke they are pulling. I haven't heard this anywhere else, save for the part about them saying it was difficult making Team America. I never read or heard anything about the pledge to part ways after South Park The Movie was released either. Obviously there have been 5 years of South Park the TV show after that.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"MATT DAMON!"
I'll grab this previously viewed, along with the SE later on! This and Orgazmo SE are my most anticipated this year!

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
TEAM AMERICA was pretty good...extremely uneven, but the hilarious bits made up for the lulls. There's one bit that was totally thrown away though...during the infamous BJ sequence, no attempt is made whatsoever to show any facial expressions that might in any way convey the fact that the guy is getting a BJ. No sounds either. Kind of a cop-out there...or perhaps that lackluster BJ reaction was dictated by the studio.

I will say that TEAM AMERICA is definitely no MEET THE FEEBLES, a criminally underrated film which I consider one of Peter Jackson's finest; I can't imagine a better satirical puppet film than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks