What's new

Team America 04/05/05... (1 Viewer)

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
"Still, I seem to recall them saying there was a lot more than a minute cut to achieve the R."

In interviews, they said the puppet sex scene was originally two minutes, and the had to cut it to forty-five seconds, so a minute of "uncensored" footage sounds about right. Seems kind of ridiculous to create a whole seperate disc for it, though.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
"Seems kind of ridiculous to create a whole seperate disc for it, though."

Well everyone pretty much knows why there was an unrated cut to begin with, so putting that tag on it will sell alot of copies. Also they have to make the R rated cut so places like Wal Mart will sell it.

And that unrated disc might have special unrated features. Hopefully that special feature information will come out shortly.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, the unrated disc is the first one listed on the DVDAnswers link I provided. Once you read the bottom of that cover, you'll probably smack yourself ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i guess this still has a unrated version same date as the rated one right?

i only ask because bbv (blockbuster) always has the unrated version when there is a choice, but not for this one.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'd like to know what the unrated footage is, besides the "sex scene" stuff. I've already seen some pictures of that. If there's really nothing else added, I may stick to the "R" version. I thought the sex scene was hilarious at the theater as it was, and I'm not sure it'll be as funny with anything extra.

Still, sounds like a good DVD!

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
No commentary....that's a big disappointment. Would have been fun to hear Matt and Trey vent about this arduous production. Oh well, sounds like a good disc anyway. Sure took 'em long enough.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

This should come as no surprise. They just don't like doing them. They do "commentary-mini" on South Park episodes but they devote a lot of time on the tracks talking about how they feel arrogant talking about their own work. They also routinely run into censorship issues with their commentaries. Troma released their "Cannibal" track uncut but Universal released their "Orgazmo" track (which was recorded in 2001 when the DVD was originally produced and only recently saw the light of day) heavily edited and Warner Bros. wouldn't release their "South Park" Season 1 track at all. Anyways, I never expected a commentary track to be included on the "Team America" release because they've been open about their anti-commentary stance since the release of "South Park" Season 3 and that was at least a year and a half ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks