What's new

Team America 04/05/05... (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau

I agree. I find it hard to believe that Paramount will re-release TEAM AMERICA this year. IIRC, they aren't exactly re-release fiends, right?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Correct. I don't think they'd re-released anything until they started to do SEs of the Star Trek films, and they've not exactly gone nuts with reissues since then. Besides, if they let us know a second version will come later in the year, they shouldn't be accused of ripping off the consumer. Ala Lord of the Rings, you'd have a choice in advance, so no bitching would be allowed.

But it seems out of character for Paramount to double-dip that quickly - I'll believe it when I see it. They're not Universal or Sony, the reigning double/triple/infinity-dip studios...

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
So we're getting a presumably bare-bones disc first and it's not coming out until April?? Why a nearly 7-month theater-to-DVD window for a film that performed well below expectations? Doesn't make much sense. I loved the movie and will buy it on release date, but it's frustrating that they aren't just doing one loaded release. I guess they think that 2 releases will help edge the movie towards profitability.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Well, they've redone the Jack Ryan films, Deep Impact, Untouchables, Friday the 13th, Top Gun, etc.

They do re-releases like any other studio.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau

Yeah, but most of those aren't shameless re-releases 6 months down the road. Those are re-releases of "old" DVDs.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Which was exactly my point. Everyone does re-releases, but some are more shameless than others. Paramount is the LEAST shameless of the bunch. There are no rip-offs in the bunch. I believe the shortest original disc to reissue gap is between the two Star Trek II DVDs, and the second one followed more than two years after the first. Contrast that to, say, Universal, who will put out a second Eternal Sunshine barely three MONTHS after the first.

When it comes to re-releases, Paramount is a class act. They're definitely innocent until proven guilty on this issue.

And no offense to Robert Zawacki - the one who first mentioned the possibility of two versions - but I think it's a little silly for folks here to get their panties in a bunch over a potential double-dip without more concrete information than his comment. C'mon - let's wait for more details...

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so now The Digital Bits is saying:

So do we take this to mean that the April release has been scrapped in favor of one SE? I really don't understand the holdup with this release--Friday Night Lights and Shall We Dance were in theaters at the same time and they just came out, and Team America isn't coming for another 3 or 3.5 months?? Very strange--maybe it has something to do with overseas theatrical runs? I just hope it's worth the wait.

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

Unlike Peter Berg or Peter Chelsom, Parker & Stone had to do half a season of a television show immediately after finishing their film, though, so it probably interfered with the DVD preparation. (I believe the fifth season of "South Park" was pushed back a few weeks for the same reason.)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
This never came to my hoe town theater either, I cant wait to buy this. I hope they have the deleted sex scene in the movie or as a speacial feature.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Got no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me
Without this DVD

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Paramount won't do unrated releases but they'll release unrated material as a supplement. Don't count on the sex scene being integrated into the film.

Will K

Screenwriter
Well I guess hell has finally frozen over. This is great. Now how about the real version of My Bloody Valentine?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I wonder if Matt and Trey worked something out with Paramount beforehand about releasing an uncut DVD, knowing the film would almost certainly require cuts to get an R rating in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks