What's new

TCFHE Press Release: The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I finished Oprah a bit ago, and now I am really looking forward to the blu-ray release. I hope all the behind-the-scenes footage shown on Oprah will be included as supplements. I might just have to burn this episode of Oprah to DVD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Not that it matters now but thanks for the correction

on the air date. That date came directly from the

studio, not I.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It seems that Daniel Truhitte, who played Rolf and later, I am told, opened up a dancing studio in or around Charlotte, NC, was not pleased about not being included in the Oprah show:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/29/sound-of-music-actor-daniel-truhitte-rolfe-reunion-left-out/

I'm not so sure I find the Harpo rep's comment about only wanting to include the actors whose roles were part of the Von Trapp family satisfying, even though they included Maria's real-life great-grandchildren.

And once again, Eleanor Parker goes unmentioned.

It was good to see them together again, and it seems that Christopher Plummer's legendary "Sound of Mucous" comment was a bit of a joke that reflects his sardonic sense of humor. I didn't think there were any revelations that weren't already in the books or on the DVD supplement, and I felt the editing should not have cut away from the main speaker so much. But it was an enjoyable puff piece for what looks to be the Blu-Ray of the year, or at least one of the Top 5.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by lukejosephchung

Only 3 days to this classic title being released on BD, along with "Toy Story 3" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"...November 2nd is going to be a VERY expensive Tuesday!!!

And, that's just the tip of the Nov. 2nd iceberg!

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Only 2 DAYS LEFT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a great video of Julie Andrews talking about her experience in the movie before a special AFI showing.

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
My one lasting memory from screening SOM was the weight of th final reel; just about the heaviest I encountered. Amazing that we van get this on a silver disc that weighs a few ounces. Looking forward to Tuesday!

Is the cropping on this okay? I looked at the dvdbeaver caps and the dvd shows more but looks vertically stretched. Cannot wait until Tuesday!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
A day before release, why has no one reviewed this except DVD Beaver? Not Home Theater Forum, not Blu-Ray.com not DVD Verdict, not High-Def Digest, not DVD Town. Were screeners not sent out in the U.S.?

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I have wondered the same thing. I am especially interested in what Robert Harris has to say about this release. Of course, a lot of high profile films are being released this week, so maybe everyone is just swamped. In any case, I will be running out to buy my SOM blu ray tomorrow in any case. Sounds like Target has the best deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks