What's new

Tarzan C.E.- Different audio mix than standard release?! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
After I read on the bits that the Tarzan CE was going on moratorium on 1/31, I thought it was time to bite the bullet and replace my standard edition.
Well now that I did, it seems like the audio mix is different. Can anyone confirm this.
I distinctly remember the surrounds being more utilized in the bare bones release. There are a few examples that come to mind.
When Kala first brings the baby tarzan to the gorillas and Kerchak lets him stay, Terk's mom tells her its time to go to bed; as they leave you can hear Terk say "5 more minutes, 4 more minutes.....1 more minutes??"
When she gets to "1 more minutes", that dialog used to come from my left surround speaker.
In the collector's edition, it comes from the left front speaker and seems wrong. I am sure of this, and I haven't changed my system since I upgraded discs.
There are a few more instances like when Jane says " Come all the way to Africa to get my sketchbook pinched by a baboon!" That dialog used to travel to my left surround as well, now it only goes to left front!
frown.gif

What gives??!!
I sold my vanilla edition so I cant do an A/B comparison. Does anyone have both discs that can tell me if I'm crazy or not??
Should I exchange it for a new one???
------------------
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~drashforth/_uimages/flaggif
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Jeff,
When Tarzan was first released there was a botched version on the standard edition that had some flukes in the surround channels, which was apparently corrected. I don't remember any issues with the Collector's edition (it came out about 6 months later).
Not really sure if this helps you, but it may get you pointed in the right direction. I haven't heard the Collector's edition mix so I can't comment on that.
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Jeff,
The plain, original version of Tarzan does have a mixed up sound track as you've noted. I can't remember what it was exactly but the left and right were swapped by accident. The CE of Tarzan has this corrected.
Patrick
------------------
Evidence of my obsession.

Brian O

Second Unit
Actually, on the original release of the non-CE, the left main info was also in the left surround. It was corrected and Disney sent out new ones to whoever requested the new corrected version.
------------------

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
The bad audio was just on the regular version, and as Brian said was fixed. The Collector's Edition has always had the correct sound mix (and sounds GREAT!).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Buy the CE version of Tarzan. The soundtrack you describe as less utilized is in fact the correct soundtrack version. The old disk had a problam with the front left speaker and the surround left speaker having the same signal by mistake.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks