What's new

Taking the Plunge!!! (But I have some questions?) (1 Viewer)

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
After a long time reasearching I have decided to go with a Sammy 43" DLP. It sounded like the perfect fit for my needs. But now I have a few questions.

First I am planning to get it from Best Buy since it's the best deal I can get. But I'm guessing they don't have the best customer service so I am wonder how important that will be? Is it? They also offer a $250.oo 4yrs performance plan. Is that worth it? I mean that really makes a difference in the cost and almost puts it up there with my local home theater store. I really like their service and am wondering if I should go with them if its less than a hundred dollar difference?

Thanks for your help.

(BTW I didn't really know where to put it so since its a tv I'm talking about I put it here. Sorry if its the wrong place.)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
i cant stand best buy, the service sucks there, i only go there for dvd's, computer accessories, etc.

i go to circuit city, or any other local store.

sorryi cant ehlp you much now, i got home from work an hour ago, had a couple beers and feeling buzzed and dont know aht else to say, except goodnight.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
B&M places should be a good place for big sets. U can return them if u don't like them. But what most people don't know is that u can still haggle with these guys. CC is more flexible compared to BB. If I were u, I would try to haggle in the price of the extended warranty, well maybe for just 2 years and that is on top of the manufacturer's warranty.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Two hundred fifty bucks for a four year extended warranty on a four grand TV is a bargain.....unless you never need it:) Compare the extended warranty at the other store you were considering and the costs there so as to compare apples to apples. You can figure that companies selling extended warranty protection are making a pretty good profit off the endeavor or they wouldn't be so cheap and/or available.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks